From: TOP on
Seems to me some user group experience might help. It might also help
to have a seasoned user come in and review "how" you are trying to do
what you are doing. With SW there is usually an easy way and a hard
way. Many times the old ways are the hard ways as they come with a
bunch of hidden assumptions that don't apply to solid modeling.
However, even with all that SW can be slow as it really should let you
do it your way and still perform well.

TOP

From: devlin on
On Apr 4, 9:44 am, Dale Dunn <daled...(a)atjamestool.com> wrote:
> > places edges over top of edges (big no-no in ACAD). When I select an
> > edge it invariably hides the entire edge if you know what I mean and
> > the screws up the drawing. Quite literally my very next move is the
> > undo button which does NOTHING.
>
> Apart from well desrved rants about how Undo is next to useless...
>
> Do you get better edge selection when you hold the shift key?

That helps with selection but not always. The bigger frustation is the
inability to change the thickness and/or hide/show etc. The hide/show
problem has been around FOREVER.

From: swizzle on
Oh, how I miss the days of the drafting board. No file management, just
throw it in a drawer. The smell of ammonia from the blue print machine.
Electric erasers on Sepia copies. I'd go back in a heart beat.

>>> On 4/4/2007 at 8:06 AM, in message
<L72dnf5YxshbLY7bnZ2dnUVZ_h7inZ2d(a)magma.ca>, FrankW<fworm(a)norpak.ca>

From: bob zee on
On Apr 4, 9:35 am, "Bo" <b...(a)tilikum.com> wrote:
> I assume that if there is a situation about dimensioning a line that is common, various
> people reported it and others are working on fixing it. What type of
> line gives a "Fuss"?
>
> So let's look at these nebulous terms "slow" and "fuss" and see what
> options exist to deal with them. There may be some answers
> hereabouts.
>
> Bo

good ol' bob z. ran into the inability to dimension a line about a
week or so ago. it was the most frustrating thing for him at the time
because it needed to be done and done right now. ya know? one of
those pressure cooker scenarios. the line was just a line on the
bottom of a plate. nothing special about it at all. bob z. is used
to having a bit of an issue picking the edge of a circle, but this was
a flat plate.

bob z. doesn't complain about speed. bob z. just finished a part that
had 10,668 holes. now, that was a resource hog!!! it would've been
cool if it had been a flat part, but it was a bell shaped detail, so
each row of holes had to be it's own feature. (can't get into much
more specifics, non-disclosure...)

other than that, swx rawks hard. it is just the little things, ya
know? the little things.
:~)>

bob z. is discussing this post with a co-worker right now. he does
the big stuff - he has an assembly right now with over 8000 parts. oh
yes.

bob z.
p.s. kill the king. the king is dead. long-live the king.

From: sbpowdercoating on
On Apr 3, 4:25 pm, sbpowdercoat...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Just found this Forum... Glad to see that people still have hope in
> Solidworks. The techsupport people send me E Drawings for dummies ; )
> I've been using Solidworks at work for a year now (not by choice). And
> I have to tell y'a if I had been givin the choice we would be running
> ProE instead of that low end package. Don't get me wrong Solid works
> is great for drawing pretty pictures and all. But to get actual work
> done. Pffffff... The 2005 version can't even do a cross section
> without the hatching. Telling you lots of fudging lot of waiting but
> certainly no performance. I'm going back to CAD. XYZ here I come...
>
> Cheers!
>
> M.Design

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10