From: Dale Dunn on

> Dale, you wrote " Do the whole weldment in raw and finished
> configurations of the
> same part. Insert the weldment configuration into a blank part file
> satisfy the filing system. " That is exactly what I'm doing. I'm not
> inserting weldment parts into an assembly I'm creating a weldment part
> file and inserting it into another part file to machine. I would never
> do weldments as incontext assemblies, way too slow for SW.

Are both the raw and machined weldments in-context to the assembly?
From: Bo on
On Apr 6, 6:51 am, richard.j.g...(a)l-3com.com wrote:

> Solidworks has retention because of market share? Pro-E had about a
> ten year headstart into the market over Solidworks.
> Solidworks is a better solution for many, alltough you have a point
> about large assemblies.

SolidWorks got where it is because it offered better value in the late
90s up to now than IDEAS, Unigraphics, ProE or Catia, with customers
finding SWks usable at a good price.

Gut feel says that any very successful product must travel well on
word of mouth, & SolidWorks has had that because it offered a moderate
level of ability for fewer dollars than the other 4 packages above.
Swks also outplaced the "Inventors" in their lower dollar catagory.

CAD is just a tool, and even the high end CAD packages are not
particularly pricey compared to the price of good designers and the
work that has to be done.

Any time a CAD user says "SolidWorks Sucks", he has a choice of what
he can move to for a higher end CAD package. It is a free market.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Prev: swApp Events and C#
Next: AddControl with bitmaps