From: sbpowdercoating on
Just found this Forum... Glad to see that people still have hope in
Solidworks. The techsupport people send me E Drawings for dummies ; )
I've been using Solidworks at work for a year now (not by choice). And
I have to tell y'a if I had been givin the choice we would be running
ProE instead of that low end package. Don't get me wrong Solid works
is great for drawing pretty pictures and all. But to get actual work
done. Pffffff... The 2005 version can't even do a cross section
without the hatching. Telling you lots of fudging lot of waiting but
certainly no performance. I'm going back to CAD. XYZ here I come...

Cheers!

M.Design

From: fcsuper on
On Apr 3, 12:25 pm, sbpowdercoat...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Just found this Forum... Glad to see that people still have hope in
> Solidworks. The techsupport people send me E Drawings for dummies ; )
> I've been using Solidworks at work for a year now (not by choice). And
> I have to tell y'a if I had been givin the choice we would be running
> ProE instead of that low end package. Don't get me wrong Solid works
> is great for drawing pretty pictures and all. But to get actual work
> done. Pffffff... The 2005 version can't even do a cross section
> without the hatching. Telling you lots of fudging lot of waiting but
> certainly no performance. I'm going back to CAD. XYZ here I come...
>
> Cheers!
>
> M.Design

LOL Flames from a burnout?

From: Jason on
On Apr 3, 2:42 pm, "fcsuper" <fcsu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 3, 12:25 pm, sbpowdercoat...(a)gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Just found this Forum... Glad to see that people still have hope in
> > Solidworks. The techsupport people send me E Drawings for dummies ; )
> > I've been using Solidworks at work for a year now (not by choice). And
> > I have to tell y'a if I had been givin the choice we would be running
> > ProE instead of that low end package. Don't get me wrong Solid works
> > is great for drawing pretty pictures and all. But to get actual work
> > done. Pffffff... The 2005 version can't even do a cross section
> > without the hatching. Telling you lots of fudging lot of waiting but
> > certainly no performance. I'm going back to CAD. XYZ here I come...
>
> > Cheers!
>
> > M.Design
>
> LOL Flames from a burnout?

Sounds more like competitor VARs trying to start stuff.......maybe
they are in a head to head with solidworks at some company and are
about to lose the sale. Post some negative stuff here and then point
to it.

As for cross hatch...select it...then select "None" in the property
manager.

From: That70sTick on
The 2005 version can't even do a cross section
> without the hatching. Telling you lots of fudging lot of waiting but
> certainly no performance. I'm going back to CAD. XYZ here I come...

If you're going to slam SW, come up w/ something more credible. There
are multiple ways to turn off or hide hatching.

I've gotten plenty of "actual work" done with SW. I've also done
plenty with Pro/E and UG. You don't make a convincing case that SW is
the source of your problem.

From: Phil Evans on
Hi Devlin,
you may know a lot about Solidworks but you dont know much about
the Kia line of automobiles. They beat N American cars hands dowm
with a 5 year warranty, better quality and all the extras.
Kia is a subsidiary of Hyundai, excellent value for money.
600,000 people DO know what they are doing!!!

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

 |  Next  |  Last