First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
ESET Standalone malware removal tools
http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2372#1 Silj -- "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be -- or to be indistinguishable from -- self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time." - Neil Stephenson... 17 Dec 2009 03:50
Avira now flagging my Hosts file
Grrr! Does it never end? Updated Avira on my XP box yesterday and now it thinks my Host file has an infection but it is just an entry added by Spybot to block a malware site with the Trojan drive by download and not actually opening up my PC to it. ... 14 Dec 2009 23:12
Yahoo Issues Takedown Notice for Spying Price List
Synopsis: --------- <paste> Yahoo isn't happy that a detailed menu of the spying services it provides law enforcement agencies has leaked onto the web. Shortly after Threat Level reported this week that Yahoo had blocked the FOIA release of its law enforcement and intelligence price list, someone provided a copy ... 7 Dec 2009 09:32
Both Avira and Malwarebytes claiming GamersGate patches areTrojans
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 19:59:43 -0500, Wile E. Coyote <coyote(a)acme.invalid> wrote: David H. Lipman wrote: It is also presumptuaous tho say because of the above factor, anti malware is flawed. On the contrary, your presumption is flawed. No it isn't because it is set back to default heuristi... 1 Dec 2009 21:46
Both Avira and Malwarebytes claiming GamersGate patches are Trojans
kristlebawl wrote: There are NO viruses or trojans in the download. Its likely your anti-virus program having what is called a "false positive". It may have found something in the heuristic search, which is not always 100% accurate. The games iare delivered from developers and publishers, so the r... 8 Dec 2009 17:31
Another Crock Of Fuvg Spyware Program
plt(a)wherever.you.want.it.to.be wrote: Although I realize Index.dat scanner/remover programs are not exactly "spyware" removers, many sites have them as such. One of these programs is a crock of fuvg. What is fuvg? I take it is a bad thing, whatever it is! ... 28 Nov 2009 20:04
Infection messages?
From: "Robin Bignall" <docrobin(a)ntlworld.com> < snip > | Thanks. I should say two other things: | I ran MRT.EXE /f:y this afternoon. Zero problems reported. | On reboot, sometimes all of these 'infection' messages are simply not | there. Then, on another reboot, they're back again, sometimes a few, | somet... 11 Dec 2009 18:02
Avira switches to new update system
FredW wrote: http://techblog.avira.com/2009/11/19/avira-switches-to-new-update-system/en/ Due to the fast growing amount of malware out there in the wild our virus definition files grow fast as well. We monitored the situation with our Updates very closely. We realise that users of the free Avi... 2 Dec 2009 17:48
Search hijacker
Lil' Abner wrote: Instructions for running Malwarebytes. As mentioned above, that was the first thing I ran. Noted, best bet is to post an HJT Log to your Forum of choice that supports HJT Logs. As you already know you need to go this route or format and reinstall *but* since this is a new known Rogue ther... 19 Nov 2009 20:50
Two New Rogue Apps / Removal Guides
<http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-personal-protector> Description of Rogue at URL. <http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-control-center> Ditto as above. Silj -- "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to b... 16 Nov 2009 23:33