First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Using SmitfraudFix.cmd skiped Disk Cleanup due to Freezing.
I had an Internet Hijacker so I read up on it and had to run SmitfraudFix.cmd in safe mode. Step one is scan(it found the problem) Step two is to run disk cleanup, but it too hours, so i had to finally abort it. Then the last step it to clean registry. but that clean registry gave me an error, I assume be... 29 Nov 2006 08:00
Ad-Aware
Loved it on my old PC. Situation now is new PC and what it might find.Ideas wanted from knowledgeable people working with Ad-Aware as to what to do should it find stuff on new PC? TIA Dannie ... 10 Nov 2006 11:20
Antivirus - CA E-trust or Avast?
I would recommend trying Avast! antivirus. I've been using it for over a year and its been great! It's also FREE! avast! 4 Home Edition Download http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html I would also recommend installing the new Windows Defender antispyware program. It's also FREE! http://www.micros... 30 Oct 2006 22:36
New Samsung monitor, driver problems?
beenthere <Waiting(a)Home.com>, the bead hole driller, huddled: "Kenny" <me(a)privacy.net> wrote in message news:S7GdnQq4iNaHdrbYnZ2dnUVZ8sudnZ2d(a)brightview.com... Brand new Synchmaster 940BF was OK when first connected then I ran the CD to install drivers. It asked whether it was 940BF Analogue o... 11 Oct 2006 06:52
A little help please
This probably is a very basic question but I'll ask anyway. Recently installed Zone Alarm and a program that I am unaware of keeps wanting to get out. What exactly is WMP54G5v1_1.exe ? Anything to be concerned about. I see it is running on my system. Thanks! ... 21 Sep 2006 23:04
Malware?
I found an odd entry in my registry of 'Pocket soft' which referred to 2 dll files patch32w.dll and pw32a.dll, both of which were in my windows directory as opposed to the normal location for dll files. Has anyone got any ideas what these are for and if they are malware or virus. Bob ... 13 Sep 2006 15:27
What is this software?
What in the world is this? HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SOFTWARE | 781 No reference to any company, or application, just numbers. Google has nothing. Can I safely delete it? Thanks, Jack ... 3 Sep 2006 20:19
Lsass.exe and ISAKMP on UDP port - problem or not?
TCPview reflects: LSASS.EXE:256 UDP 4500 LSASS.EXE:256 UDP user:isakmp Is this normal or should I close the ports? (Please excuse the crosspost as I did a google group search and very few people responded to this question when someone else asked it a few years ago. It can't hurt to get a real disc... 4 Aug 2006 14:43
controlfile.rb
Hi All, It is possible, that I'm the only one with this problem? The file ControlFile.rb seems to be resident in the temporary internet folder. The properties says it is an IPP file. As soon I delete it and do a refresh, it's back. I cannot find anything about it on the microsoft web site. If a do a search ... 12 Jun 2006 18:25
TROJAN-Need Help
I have acquired Win32:Adloader-S trojan from ?? where. None of my spyware programs found it. Inquiring with a local Computer Tech. why my anti-virus didn't work, he advised me to download AVAST anti-virus. It found it! Now, I cannot get rid of it. Can anyone tell me where to go to delete this out of my s... 7 Apr 2006 09:33