From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
duenodemonte(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Wayne Brown ha escrito:
>
>> Veli-Pekka Nousiainen
>> Hmmm... no RPN, no RS-232C, cluttered with lots of "features" I don't
>> need or want, and even uglier than the 49G+/50G. No, thanks.
>
> ? Localized into 6 languages (Danish, English, French, German,
> Italian and Norwegian) NO SPANISH .... HMMMM what about us in Latin
> Am?rica ? ! ! !

And no FInnish either :?-(

From: Wayne Brown on
Veli-Pekka Nousiainen <DROP_vpn(a)dlc.fi> wrote:

> Would you by a new Xpander with about the same features
> but RPN as default
> AND naturally the language would be close to current RPL
> while a new HPGCC would be provided?

No, I never liked the Xpander's design. It was worse than the 50G.

--
Wayne Brown <fwbrown(a)bellsouth.net> (HPCC #1104)

??s ofereode, ?isses swa m?g. ("That passed away, this also can.")
"Deor," from the Exeter Book (folios 100r-100v)
From: duenodemonte on

Wayne Brown ha escrito:

> No, I never liked the Xpander's design. It was worse than the 50G.

What about Qonos line ? I liked it !

Daniel

From: Howard Owen on
This machine certainly isn't my ideal. But someone, at long last, has
taken advances in handheld devices over the past 10 years and applied
them to a calculator. It remains to be seen how well the nspire does,
but with TI's market penetration, it's likely to do well. If so, then
this will be "the machine to beat," if anyone cares to try.

From: Wayne Brown on
duenodemonte(a)gmail.com wrote:

> Wayne Brown ha escrito:
>
>> No, I never liked the Xpander's design. It was worse than the 50G.
>

> What about Qonos line ? I liked it !

I never saw an actual Qonos prototype (if there was such a thing), but
the CAD rendering on hpcalc.org didn't appeal to me. Here is my idea
of an ideal calculator case design:

(1) Black, with no other colors except clearly visible (but not "flashy")
key legends;

(2) Perfectly rectangular case, with all straight lines, sharp edges
and corners, 90-degree angles, no curves whatsoever;

(3) Small screen (not more than five or six lines);

(4) All keys (including cursor keys) exactly the same size and shape,
except the ENTER key, which takes up exactly the same amount of
space as two of the other keys;

(5) The same number of keys on each row (except the row with the ENTER
key), and identical spacing on each row, so that the keys form a
perfectly regular grid;

(6) Construction should be solid, rugged, and heavy. In general, the
more it looks and feels like a solid block of black marble,
the better.

Add RPN and a good CAS, and I'd pay up to about US $350 for it.

No one makes a device exactly like that; but the more a calculator
deviates from that ideal, the less I will like it.

--
Wayne Brown <fwbrown(a)bellsouth.net> (HPCC #1104)

??s ofereode, ?isses swa m?g. ("That passed away, this also can.")
"Deor," from the Exeter Book (folios 100r-100v)
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Prev: hp 50g sd card
Next: Linsolve problem in HP-50g