From: Philippe Salmon on
Note that if you want to submit a "TI-nspire CAS Interest Form", you
NEED to fill the field :

"Which TI Graphing Calculator do you currently use? (check all that
apply)*
TI-73 Explorer? TI-82/TI-83 TI-83 Plus
TI-83 Plus Silver Edition TI-84 Plus TI-84 Plus Silver Edition
TI-86 TI-89 TI-89 Titanium
TI-92 Plus Voyage? 200
"
If you check none of them, the request is rejected ! I conclude that
new TI users are not welcome !

Fortunately, searching in my calculators collection, I found an old
TI-82, so I can honestly check it ;-)

From: Wayne Brown on
duenodemonte(a)gmail.com wrote:

> Well seems that you like HP48 S with new CAS..... Isn?t it HP48 GX ?
>
> My very old, worked and, indestructible 48S use to fit, but does not
> have CAS.

Yes, my 48GX with Meta Kernel and Erable is closer than anything else to
what I described, which is why I still use it. It's not perfect, though.
It's not exactly rectangular in all directions, but more of a wedge shape.
Also, there isn't a sharp edge or corner anywhere on it; everything has
been rounded off. I'd like something with knife-sharp edges and corners,
so that its profile in every direction would be a geometrically perfect
rectangle. I don't much care for the colors of the G(X) series, either.
The S(X) colors are much closer to what I want, but I can't run the
software I need on one.

--
Wayne Brown <fwbrown(a)bellsouth.net> (HPCC #1104)

??s ofereode, ?isses swa m?g. ("That passed away, this also can.")
"Deor," from the Exeter Book (folios 100r-100v)

From: Yao Konan on
Do not tell me that it is only now that you have seen this page,do you
?
Anyway from the hardware point of view the NSpire will for sure be
significantly superior to the HP50G even though it will lack expansion
slot and Irda.
However from a software point of view i won't be that categoric.
In some areas it will be more powerful than the HP50G in other areas it
won't.
However,if TI fully implements Derive (and hopefully Cabri 3D) in a
version of the TI-NSpire,then they will have an extremly powerful
handheld math tool which will make the HP50G run for its money.
Though you shouldn't forget that the TI-NSpire is very education
oriented as it is supposed to be a math Learning tool.
Thus the protoypes even lack some features that the TI89T/V200 has such
as programs and 3D plotting.

From: Yao Konan on
Do not tell me that it is only now that you have seen this page,do you
?
Anyway from the hardware point of view the NSpire will for sure be
significantly superior to the HP50G even though it will lack expansion
slot and Irda.
However from a software point of view i won't be that categoric.
In some areas it will be more powerful than the HP50G in other areas it
won't.
However,if TI fully implements Derive (and hopefully Cabri 3D) in a
version of the TI-NSpire,then they will have an extremly powerful
handheld math tool which will make the HP50G run for its money.
Though you shouldn't forget that the TI-NSpire is very education
oriented as it is supposed to be a math Learning tool.
Thus the protoypes even lack some features that the TI89T/V200 has such
as programs and 3D plotting.

Veli-Pekka Nousiainen a écrit :

> http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/nonProductMulti/nspire_cas.html?bid=4

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last