From: Wayne Brown on
Jean-Yves Avenard <me(a)privacy.net> wrote:

> Hi
> Wayne Brown wrote:
>> and feel (in shape, color and weight) as much as possible like a slab
>> of black marble, I had the Monolith in mind.
>>

> Oh I see how it should look like:
> a tomb stone !

The proportions might be a bit long and narrow for a tombstone, but it's
an interesting idea. Maybe I should put that in my will. :-)

Here's the original in all its glory:

http://www.palantir.net/2001/tma1/pics/dawn06.jpg

--
Wayne Brown <fwbrown(a)bellsouth.net> (HPCC #1104)

??s ofereode, ?isses swa m?g. ("That passed away, this also can.")
"Deor," from the Exeter Book (folios 100r-100v)
From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
Wayne Brown wrote:
> Jean-Yves Avenard <me(a)privacy.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> Wayne Brown wrote:
>>> and feel (in shape, color and weight) as much as possible like a
>>> slab of black marble, I had the Monolith in mind.
>>>

>> Oh I see how it should look like:
>> a tomb stone !
>
> The proportions might be a bit long and narrow for a tombstone, but
> it's an interesting idea. Maybe I should put that in my will. :-)

That new calc should have on the back graven text:

"Wayne Brown"
"R.I.P."

What do think of the color?
Black? No Way(ne) Brown?
:-D

> Here's the original in all its glory:
>
> http://www.palantir.net/2001/tma1/pics/dawn06.jpg

Too thin...the apes look like Bruce Wayne

From: Yao Konan on
Hi,

You know we are talking of TI.The same company which has never be able
to take full advantage of the TI68k hardware.
For example:
*The TI92 could have been much faster for number crunching with the
appropriate algorithm.
*The CAS could also has been more powerful or able to solve more
complex problems without the memory limitations.
*The hardware was designed to support up to 2 MB of RAM yet none of the
TI68k has more than 256 KB,etc...
So i have some reasons to believe that TI could waste the potential of
the TI-NSpire hardware.

From: JT on
That's also what I understand from the official
page at TI's website... the CAS of the NSpire is
not much different from that of the TI - 89 / 92
calculators.
The rumor was that this was to be a much more
powerful device, with the entire 'Derive' software
package in a handheld device. If that was so, I
would have expected at least a hint of such a
thing on TI's page for the NSpire. 'Derive' on a
handheld calculator would give HP a run for its
money and you'd think TI would advertise that!
If the only real 'quantum leap' is more memory,
faster clock speed, higher resolution screen, and
more integrated OS..... then that's really no
'quantum leap' at all, except for students maybe.
Time will tell, the NSpire is not to be released
for another year yet.

JT

From: mdr1024 on

Veli-Pekka Nousiainen wrote:
> http://education.ti.com/educationportal/sites/US/nonProductMulti/nspire_cas.html?bid=4

I *may* get one after seeing reviews. Only 20 MB of storage memory
sounds weak, though. I want TI to add an SD card slot.

- Marco

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Prev: hp 50g sd card
Next: Linsolve problem in HP-50g