From: mdr1024 on

Philippe Salmon wrote:
> Note that if you want to submit a "TI-nspire CAS Interest Form", you
> NEED to fill the field :
>
> "Which TI Graphing Calculator do you currently use? (check all that
> apply)*
> TI-73 Explorer? TI-82/TI-83 TI-83 Plus
> TI-83 Plus Silver Edition TI-84 Plus TI-84 Plus Silver Edition
> TI-86 TI-89 TI-89 Titanium
> TI-92 Plus Voyage? 200
> "
> If you check none of them, the request is rejected ! I conclude that
> new TI users are not welcome !
>
> Fortunately, searching in my calculators collection, I found an old
> TI-82, so I can honestly check it ;-)

Except for the TI-81, that was the biggest POS TI ever created, along
with all its derivatives (83,84).

I do miss the TI-85 interface, which I still know like the back of my
hand even after not using it for years - pity TI didn't offer it on the
92/89/Voyage lines.

I would be happy with a succesor to the HP-50G that has a more
customizeable CAS (auto simplification *flags*, for example, so I could
pick if I wan answers in terms of sin/cos/tan, proper fractions,etc)
and which is FASTER, FASTER, FASTER.

- Marco

From: mdr1024 on

The quantum leap you are waiting for is a long time coming -
Mathematica in a handheld.

Aside from cost, I really don't see why it couldn't be done - we have
handheld laptop-type computers with sufficient horse power out there.

- Marco

From: duenodemonte on

Veli-Pekka Nousiainen ha escrito:

>> That new calc should have on the back graven text:
>
> "Wayne Brown"
> "R.I.P."
>
> What do think of the color?
> Black? No Way(ne) Brown?
> :-D
>
> > Here's the original in all its glory:
> >
> > http://www.palantir.net/2001/tma1/pics/dawn06.jpg
>
> Too thin...the apes look like Bruce Wayne

HEY ! How do you write from the future ! You have Oct 30th on your
message.

Daniel

From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
duenodemonte(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Veli-Pekka Nousiainen ha escrito:
>
>>> That new calc should have on the back graven text:
>>
>> "Wayne Brown"
>> "R.I.P."
>>
>> What do think of the color?
>> Black? No Way(ne) Brown?
>> :-D
>>
>>> Here's the original in all its glory:
>>>
>>> http://www.palantir.net/2001/tma1/pics/dawn06.jpg
>>
>> Too thin...the apes look like Bruce Wayne
>
> HEY ! How do you write from the future ! You have Oct 30th on your
> message.
>
> Daniel

Oh, brother!
It's the time machine again....
How am I supposed to know what time is it in YOUR time
jumping around like grazy ;-)
--
Veli-Pekka
(How would I otherwise know what future calc HP brings out)

From: Dave on
Maple V Release 4 was already ported to a WinCE Handheld around 1998:

http://world.casio.com/edu/product/new_products/hpc_edu/

Computer Extender Student version retailed for $400, but I've read that
at the end of its life the Cassiopeia sold for $100 with $20 rebate.
Maple software cost $100 extra. To use the software, you have to learn
Maple V from a 3rd party book or from a PC version of Maple because
there's no help file or an extensive manual. One glitch in the CAS for
a particular problem is that to find the anti-derivative of
sqrt(x)*ln(x), the software will tell you it's too complex for the
system to solve. However, it was able to solve x^(1/3)*ln(x). But after
entering x^(1/2)*ln(x) and sqrt(x)*ln(x) several times, it eventually
solved the original problem. Interface isn't as convenient as a
calculator; it's all command line. But you just have to get used to it.
There is the ablilty to solve problems using solely the stylus.

Too expensive for a student maybe. And with a touchscreen and qwerty
keyboard, it's not allowed on school tests.

mdr1024(a)gmail.com wrote:
> The quantum leap you are waiting for is a long time coming -
> Mathematica in a handheld.
>
> Aside from cost, I really don't see why it couldn't be done - we have
> handheld laptop-type computers with sufficient horse power out there.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Prev: hp 50g sd card
Next: Linsolve problem in HP-50g