From: John H Meyers on
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:23:48 -0500:

> It's not perfect, though.

> It's not exactly rectangular in all directions,
> but more of a wedge shape.

> Also, there isn't a sharp edge or corner anywhere on it;
> everything has been rounded off.

> I'd like something with knife-sharp edges and corners,
> so that its profile in every direction
> would be a geometrically perfect rectangle.

Need it have Golden Mean proportions too?

See "Archangel" by John Updike:
http://www.amazon.com/Pigeon-Feathers-Other-Stories-Updike/dp/0394440560
http://www.knotmag.com/?article=1300

[->] [OFF]
From: Samuel Stearley on
ljferrier wrote:
> Beside that, the software they have developed is clearly education-oriented not business-oriented.

Um, whats the difference?
Aside from a preference for RPN what is there about the 'inspire that
make is less usable for "business" than some theoretical "business
oriented" calculator.

-Samuel

From: Yao Konan on
Hi,

If the NSpire keeps the same CAS as the TI89 than it will lack out of
the box many features of the HP50G that might useful on an engineer
calculator.
Moreover the NSpire prototypes have very limited programming even
compared to the TI89T/V200.
For example you can't write programs.
Last but not least it also lacks 3D plotting and more significant
Differential equations plotting.
And remember that it is not compatible with the TI89T/V200 except at
the TI-BAsic functions level so you can't expect to use many of the
math packages available for them as well.

From: Veli-Pekka Nousiainen on
Yao Konan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If the NSpire keeps the same CAS as the TI89 than it will lack out of
> the box many features of the HP50G that might useful on an engineer
> calculator.
> Moreover the NSpire prototypes have very limited programming even
> compared to the TI89T/V200.
> For example you can't write programs.
Really?
The it's a toy...

From: Yao Konan on
As a math learning tool,i find that it is very interesting besides the
lack of 3D plotting that i find very annoying for even a high school
advanced graphing calculator.
For gosh sake,i studied 3D plots and basic 3D geometry when i was at
high school.

However,for anything beyond high school i find it,at least for now,less
interesting than even the TI89/V200.

Veli-Pekka Nousiainen a écrit :

> Yao Konan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > If the NSpire keeps the same CAS as the TI89 than it will lack out of
> > the box many features of the HP50G that might useful on an engineer
> > calculator.
> > Moreover the NSpire prototypes have very limited programming even
> > compared to the TI89T/V200.
> > For example you can't write programs.
> Really?
> The it's a toy...

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: hp 50g sd card
Next: Linsolve problem in HP-50g