From: mikey4 on

"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:17:40 +0100, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org>
> wrote:
>
>>and I have
>>debriefed people in the middle east.
>

> Translation: I have shared a pint with some low-level returnees from
> the Middle East.
> --
Or he ripped their underwear off :)

From: Bill Graham on

"Chris H" <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote in message
> In message <6c-dnXas5sKjMF_XnZ2dnUVZ_uydnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Bill Graham
> <weg9(a)comcast.net> writes
>>
>>"J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet(a)cox.net> wrote in message news:h9tef91qgs@n
>>ews6.newsguy.com...

>>> I had a police officer explain matters to me this way:
>>>
>>> "If you shoot me when I come to enforce a gun ban, I won't hold it
>>> against
>>> you."
>>>
>>> Many police disagree with some of the laws that they are required to
>>> enforce, but they do their jobs anyway.
>>>
>>They shouldn't. "It is the responsibility, not the right, of good men
>>to disobey bad laws." - Spencer Tracy, in "Judgment at Nuremberg."
>
> So how come the US military is still using torture and the excuse is
> they were just following orders?

Because they either didn't see, "Judgment at Nuremberg", or they saw it and
disagree with its premise.

From: Bill Graham on

"Savageduck" <savageduck@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
> I was always understood, that a dinner date with Anne Coulter was an
> accurate description of torture, or cruel and unusual punishment.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

You should be so lucky.....A dinner date with Rosy O'Donnell is more your
speed.....

From: Savageduck on
On 2009-09-30 16:46:14 -0700, "Bill Graham" <weg9(a)comcast.net> said:

> "Savageduck" <savageduck@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>> I was always understood, that a dinner date with Anne Coulter was an
>> accurate description of torture, or cruel and unusual punishment.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Savageduck
>>

> You should be so lucky.....A dinner date with Rosy O'Donnell is more
> your speed.....

Aah! You jest.
I don't go on dinner dates to arm wrestle, or to listen to venomous diatribes.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Ray Fischer on
Neil Harrington <secret(a)illumnati.net> wrote:

>"Chris H" <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote in message
>> In message <6c-dnXas5sKjMF_XnZ2dnUVZ_uydnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Bill Graham
>> <weg9(a)comcast.net> writes
>>>
>>>"J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet(a)cox.net> wrote in message news:h9tef91qgs@n
>>>ews6.newsguy.com...

>>>They shouldn't. "It is the responsibility, not the right, of good men
>>>to disobey bad laws." - Spencer Tracy, in "Judgment at Nuremberg."
>>
>> So how come the US military is still using torture and the excuse is
>> they were just following orders?
>
>No discussion of U.S. military "torture" can be complete without a reading
>of Ann Coulter's column on the subject, which puts it somewhat in
>perspective:

Anything that comes from a screeching neonazi lunatic that hates America and
thinks that dissent is treason is worthless trash.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
Prev: Pittsburgh
Next: Incompatible jpeg?