From: Ray Fischer on
mikey4 <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:

>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
>> mikey4 <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:
>>>
>>>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message

>>>Following this logic we should ban cars and put everyone on bicycles.
>>
>> Since I mentioned nothing about banning anything it's obvious that
>> you're a prime example of rightard dislogic. Note also that the rate
>> of deaths with automobiles is vastly lower AND automobile ownership
>> and use is highly regulated.
>
> Did I say you mentioned banning guns?

You brought up the subject of bans. I did not.

>In 2006, there were 30,896 gun deaths in the U.S:
>
>Now cars: 42,708 durning the same year ( from
>http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811173.PDF)

And notice that the people using cars is vastly higher than the number
of people using guns. The difference is probably 1000:1.

>Looks to me that more people were *killed* buy cars

But the RATE is much, much, lower.

>So what does this prove?

That you're badly undereducated.

>>>You are right ray this isn't rocket science and here's why.
>>>The following is taken from
>>>http://www.britainneedsguns.co.uk
>>
>> And there's another example of rightard "thinking": If it's on a web
>> site then it must be true.
>>
>Spin spin spin

Lie, lie, lie. It's what you rightards do.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: mikey4 on

> mikey4 <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:
>>
>>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message

>>> Since I mentioned nothing about banning anything it's obvious that
>>> you're a prime example of rightard dislogic. Note also that the rate
>>> of deaths with automobiles is vastly lower AND automobile ownership
>>> and use is highly regulated.
>>
>> Did I say you mentioned banning guns?
>
> You brought up the subject of bans. I did not.
Thats what I said........DUH !

>>In 2006, there were 30,896 gun deaths in the U.S:
>>
>>Now cars: 42,708 durning the same year ( from
>>http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811173.PDF)
>
> And notice that the people using cars is vastly higher

And according to you " automobile ownership and use is highly regulated.

>>Looks to me that more people were *killed* buy cars
>
> But the RATE is much, much, lower.
>
>>So what does this prove?
>
> That you're badly undereducated.

Ok ray, you said earlier on that "guns will continue to be freely available
even when illegal. Everybody knows that that is
nonsense. " Which is a lie.

>>> And there's another example of rightard "thinking": If it's on a web
>>> site then it must be true.
>>>
>>Spin spin spin
>
> Lie, lie, lie. It's what you rightards do.
>
> --
Wrong ray, it is leftwingers like yourself who are into name calling, etc.

From: frank on
On Sep 24, 10:13 am, "mikey4" <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:
> "Allen" <all...(a)austin.rr.com> wrote in message

> > SMS wrote:

> >> Well to be fair, George H.W. Bush did have to clean up the mess Reagan
> >> made with the S&L's, and he did agree to a tax increase to reduce deficit
> >> spending slightly. And no doubt this was behind his loss for re-election.
> >> George H.W. Bush also correctly called Reaganomics, "voo-doo economics.."

> >> The deficits run up by the tax cuts for the wealthy exceed the cost of
> >> the health care proposals.
>
> >> People complain a lot about George W. Bush because not only was his
> >> presidency a failure in terms of domestic and foreign policy, but he also
> >> was personally unpopular, and not well-spoken. Reagan was more dangerous
> >> because his policy failures were not as well understood or publicized
> >> because he was personally very popular. It's only in the past couple of
> >> years that everyone is beginning to realize the damage Reagan wrought.
> > Thank you for that well-stated post, SMS. I find it difficult to believe
> > the number of people in the US who can't understand what a mess Reagan
> > made. Well, not actually Reagan himself, who was really just a puppet who
> > wasn't smart enough, but the handlers and backers who got him nominated
> > for and elected to a position that he was not capable of handling. Bush
> > Sr's biggest mistake was in not recognizing and reversing policy of the
> > previous eight years.
> > Allen
>
> What I find so sad is that while a president is blamed for a the financial
> mess congress and the senate skate by.

The president appoints thousands of people in his Adminisration.
Virtually all the big decision makers are SES (Senior Executive
Service - the super grades in the GS system). But that's the US
system.

Reagan was pretty much groomed by the Hoover Institute which is not
part of the Stanford U. but near the campus. Dirty little secret is
they had their hands in a lot of his decisions. The pupper master so
to speak.

There are others in California. Some are degree granting institutions.
From: George Kerby on
If you keep that up, Father, you're going to hair in your palm.

From: Neil Harrington on
Chris Malcolm wrote:
> In rec.photo.digital Bill Graham <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> The principal is simple and logical. When you make laws against
>> carrying guns, only the law abiding citizens will obey these laws,
>> and so only the criminals will carry guns, and the crime rate will
>> go up. When you allow everyone to carry guns, some percentage of the
>> honest people will do so, and this is bad news for the criminals,
>> and the crime rates will go down. Or. at least, the criminals will
>> go elsewhere.
>
>> Why the hell the stupid liberals can't see and understand this is
>> beyond me, but they can't, and haven't been able to for all of my
>> life.
>
> It's the evidence, Bill. What those stupid liberals consider is the
> evidence. What the stupid fools don't realise is that if you take
> facts seriously you might have to change your mind about some
> things. That's why if you know you're right it's so important to
> ignore facts. But liberals are too stupid to realise that.

All the evidence and facts are on the pro-gun side of the argument, Chris.
You don't realize this because you're in the UK, which apparently over the
last century has suffered an epidemic of some astonishingly irrational form
of anti-gun psychoneurosis. It wasn't always this way. Before 1920,
Englishmen had the same rights to gun ownership that Americans did (and to a
considerable degree still do, though our rights have been somewhat whittled
away since the Gun Control Act of 1968). And your country up until that time
was quite peaceful, law-abiding and orderly, from most accounts. Compare
with what you've got now, after decades of ever more repressive gun control
laws and what seems to be the growing British view that any form of
effective self-defense may itself be a crime.

There's a very interesting and informative book about all this dealing
specifically with your country, which I wholeheartedly recommend to you.
It's "Guns and Violence: The English Experience" by Joyce Lee Malcolm. If
your local library doesn't have it, Amazon does, and I assume Amazon UK as
well.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94
Prev: Pittsburgh
Next: Incompatible jpeg?