From: Ray Fischer on
Bill Graham <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>"SMS" <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote in message
>> Ray Fischer wrote:
>>
>>> That's more rightard stupidity. In fact a lot of inheritence has had
>>> no taxes paid whatever. Example: Stock bought at $1/share, appreciated
>>> to $100, and then transferred upon death. Taxes paid on that $99 of
>>> gain? ZERO. And rightards so love the wealthy that they would rather
>>> pay more of their own taxes than see children who didn't even work for
>>> the money get all the benefits and not even pay any taxes.
>
>Capitol gains taxes discourage people from investing their money,

Rampant fraud in the financial services industry scares people away
from investing and causes serious harm to the economy.

>would eliminate capitol gains taxes permanently.

And replace it with straight income tax. Change that 15% tax rate for
capital gains to 35% for straight income tax.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
Bill Graham <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>"SMS" <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote in message
>> Ray Fischer wrote:
>>>
>>> And inheritence taxes. The very taxes that most affect the idle rich.
>>
>> No Ray, you're supposed to call it a "Death Tax" like the rightards.
>
>And it's death taxes for the hard working rich.

In heriting millions of dollars tax free so that you never have to
work again is for the "hard working rich".

Or graham is a gullible idiot.

> All the "idle" people I know
>are the welfare puppies that live off my taxes.

There aren't any. Congress passed a law limiting lifetime welfare
benefits to 5 years.

> The rich people I am
>familiar with

Bernard Madoff?

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
mikey4 <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:

>>>Sorry to disappoint you once again ray. What is under that header are
>>
>> mikey tries to deny his own words. Typical rightard cowardice.
>>
>> --
>Tell you what ray, I'll find the post and I'll repost it in it's entirety
>right here.

Or you'll find the post and NOT repost it when you realize what a
hypocrite you are.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: David J. Littleboy on

"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote:
> Bill Graham <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>"SMS" <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote in message

>>Capitol gains taxes discourage people from investing their money,
>
> Rampant fraud in the financial services industry scares people away
> from investing and causes serious harm to the economy.

What I don't get is why people think _gambling in the stock and junk bond
markets_ is investing. The money you pay for stocks (the vast majority of
the time) just goes to other gamblers, and the money you pay for junk bonds
just goes down the tube. Investment grade corporate and municiple bonds are
actually investments.

>> I would eliminate capitol gains taxes permanently.
>
> And replace it with straight income tax. Change that 15% tax rate for
> capital gains to 35% for straight income tax.

Seconded.

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

From: Bill Graham on

> Bill Graham wrote:
>
>> Yes. The property taxes should be a fixed percentage of the value of the
>> property whenever it changes hands, whether it's to your children or not.
>> The first year your child spends in his new house, he should be taxed at
>> the going rate, and not at some artificial rate that was there to protect
>> his retired parents from having to give up their home when they retired.
>> I'm not sure I believe in property taxes at all.....If I thought about
>> it, I would probably come to the conclusion that income taxes are or
>> should be all the government needs to pay for all the goods and services
>> they provide. I don't even think they should be in the education business
>> at all, but if they are, there is no reason that income taxes couldn't
>> pay for that too....
>
> I would not favor higher income taxes and no property taxes. The present
> system of lower income taxes plus deductible property taxes encourages
> home ownership which has other benefits to society as a whole. Eliminate
> property taxes and raise income taxes and there's much less incentive to
> own rather than rent.

Doesn't make sense to me.....If you eliminate property taxes, what could be
a greater incentive to own than that?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
Prev: Pittsburgh
Next: Incompatible jpeg?