From: mikey4 on

"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
> mikey4 <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:

>>> Sales tax, and the horribly misnamed "FairTax" are the most regressive
>>> because lower income people spend a far greater portion of their income
>>> on
>>> taxable goods than rich people.
>>>
>>Then *all* taxes are regressive as the lower income group has less in
>>their
>>pocket after the taxes then the higher income group.
>
> You're being stupid again. It's not how much you HAVE, it's how much
> you PAY as a proportion of your income/wealth.
>
> Learn to read.
>
> --
I believe that's just what I said but lets try it this way. You make
$30,000 and pay say 15% in taxes how much money is left in your pocket vs.
the guy who is making say $100,000 paying 35%. Now WHO has the least after
taxes?

From: mikey4 on

"Neil Harrington" <not(a)home.today> wrote in message

> "mikey4" <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote in message
>>

>>> --
>> Sorry to disappoint you once again ray. What is under that header are
>> pieces of several different posts, none of which are mine.
>
> Mikey, you're wasting your time. Talking sense to Fischer is never going
> to get you anything sensible in return -- all Fischer can do is repeat the
> same bullshit he has already repeated over and over, as he has done here.
> He's totally worthless. I have just killfiled him and suggest you do the
> same.

What's interesting is that he acts the very same way in all the news groups
you find him in.

From: mikey4 on

> mikey4 <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:
>>
>>">>>>> If your news reader can't get you to the article using that, try
>>this:

>>> mikey tries to deny his own words.
>>>
>>> Nothing but a rightard coward.
>>>
>>Sorry to disappoint you once again ray. What is under that header are
>
> mikey tries to deny his own words. Typical rightard cowardice.
>
> --
Tell you what ray, I'll find the post and I'll repost it in it's entirety
right here.
The real coward in this group and all the others you post in is you. You
are a coward for snipping out anything you don't have the guts to respond to
with anything but name calling. You are a coward because you will never
admit to being wrong, just what I would expect from a *little* ,choke, man.
I have dumped my sent folder because I didn't think I would have to defend
against a liar and a sniveling sad little man, will take me a little time to
dig it out.

From: Ray Fischer on
mikey4 <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:

>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
>> mikey4 <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:

>>>Then *all* taxes are regressive as the lower income group has less in
>>>their
>>>pocket after the taxes then the higher income group.
>>
>> You're being stupid again. It's not how much you HAVE, it's how much
>> you PAY as a proportion of your income/wealth.
>>
>> Learn to read.
>>
>I believe that's just what I said

"Less in their pocket" refers to how much you have, not how much you
pay.

>but lets try it this way. You make
>$30,000 and pay say 15% in taxes how much money is left in your pocket vs.
>the guy who is making say $100,000 paying 35%. Now WHO has the least after
>taxes?

Your attempt to redefine "regressive" is childish. I'm not playing.

Regressive:
(of a tax) taking a proportionally greater amount from those on
lower incomes.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
Bill Graham <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>"SMS" <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote in message
>> Ray Fischer wrote:
>>> That's more rightard stupidity. In fact a lot of inheritence has had
>>> no taxes paid whatever. Example: Stock bought at $1/share, appreciated
>>> to $100, and then transferred upon death. Taxes paid on that $99 of
>>> gain? ZERO. And rightards so love the wealthy that they would rather
>>> pay more of their own taxes than see children who didn't even work for
>>> the money get all the benefits and not even pay any taxes.
>>
>> That's what's so amazing, the same people that don't understand how
>> inheritance taxes work are the ones that will be paying the price for
>> their elimination either through their own higher taxes or through the
>> devaluation of the dollar caused by higher deficits.
>>
>> Unrealized capital gains form the vast majority of the value of large
>> estates, and these gains were never taxed, and if the estate tax is
>> repealed they will never be taxed. This is very unfair to those who pay
>> capital gains taxes during their lifetime.
>>
>> There is no "death tax" for 98% of Americans. For the 2% with estates
>> large enough to be subect to taxation, the average tax rate is 17%.
>>
>> If the handlers of the neo-cons can be praised for one thing it's their
>> cleverness in convincing many millions of dumb people to actively campaign
>> against their own self-interest.
>
>If the object of taxation is to, "steal equally from everyone" then you

Graham is a sociopath who thinks that stealing from society is good
and paying for the government that protects him is bad.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
Prev: Pittsburgh
Next: Incompatible jpeg?