From: Miles Bader on
"David J. Littleboy" <davidjl(a)gol.com> writes:
>> I think you made an error there. You cited two different murder rates
>> for England and Wales. Seeing as how you were comparing it to a US
>> city, was it supposed to be London?
>
> Oops, right you are. 2.9 is for London.

It might be interesting to compare figures for "similar" cities or areas
of cities, if that's possible -- e.g., looking at rates for sections of
cities with similar income levels or something.

-Miles

--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.
From: Ray Fischer on
Bill Graham <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>THE MORE YOU MAKE THE GREATER PERCENTAGE OF YOUR INCOME THAT YOU HAVE TO
>PAY. That's regressive taxation in anyone's book.

As usual, graham is wrong on both counts.

A "regressive" tax structure charges more for LOWER incomes.

The very welathy can actually pay a LOWER tax rate because their
income is not always in the form of salaries.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
Bill Graham <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 18:36:03 +0200, Rol_Lei Nut
>> <Speleo_Karstlenscap(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>Unfortunately for you, those are the countries where neighbours are
>>>friendly and look out for each other....
>>
>> Countries like, say, Scotland?
>>
>> "A United Nations report has labelled Scotland the most violent
>> country in the developed world, with people three times more likely to
>> be assaulted than in America.
>>
>> England and Wales recorded the second highest number of violent
>> assaults while Northern Ireland recorded the fewest." (2005)
>>
>There are so many different possible reasons for statistics like the above,
>that it is stupid to try to understand them here.....

The rationalizations of the criminal gun nut.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
mikey4 <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:

>"John A." <john(a)nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 17:28:54 -0500, "mikey4" <lakediver(a)dd..net>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message

>>>ok got it, which post are you referring to? or can't you post the entire
>>>text here.
>>>

>> The message ID is h8rvun$1hb$1(a)news.eternal-september.org
>>
>> If your news reader can't get you to the article using that, try this:
>>
>http://groups.google.com/group/rec.photo.digital/browse_thread/thread/16c602542978b515/51ec3250dbeab29b?hl=en&q=#51ec3250dbeab29b
>
>Thank you John for posting the link, the only part that post that is me is
>the header.

mikey tries to deny hos own words.

Nothing but a rightard coward.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
Bill Graham <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote:

>"George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> On 9/19/09 12:42 PM, in article 4ab5180c$0$1630$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net,

>>> That's the sort of ignorant thinking that gets rightards into trouble.
>>>
>>> There are many ways the wealthy get to pay lower taxes. Her's one:
>>> Long-term capital gains and dividens aren't taxed as regular income.
>>> It's a flat 15% even before you find any deductions. So, if you own a
>>> ton of stock that pays you $250/yr in dividends then you pay no more
>>> than 15% of that as income tax. If you are given $100,000,000 in
>>> stock by the company and you sell it a year later, you pay 15%.
>

>This is utter BS.

It's all fact.

> All of my income is, "long term capitol gains" and I pay
>my taxes from the same tax tables that you do.....I am retired and living
>off my 401K.....

graham must be senile or he does his own taxes.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74
Prev: Pittsburgh
Next: Incompatible jpeg?