From: Rol_Lei Nut on
tony cooper wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 19:57:03 +0200, Rol_Lei Nut
> <Speleo_Karstlenscap(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> tony cooper wrote:

>>> Countries like, say, Scotland?
>>>
>>> "A United Nations report has labelled Scotland the most violent
>>> country in the developed world, with people three times more likely to
>>> be assaulted than in America.
>>>
>>> England and Wales recorded the second highest number of violent
>>> assaults while Northern Ireland recorded the fewest." (2005)
>>>

>>> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article568214.ece
>>>
>> I've never held the UK up as an example, as in many ways it
>> follows/emulates the US...
>> That is unfortunately (Yob culture) why I would have serious
>> reservations about living there.
>> But I have similar or worse reservations about living in the U.S. (apart
>>from a very few places).
>> In most (the vast majority) of Europe, volent crime rates are a fraction
>> of the U.S. (and U.K.) ones.
>
> You're back-pedaling. You made the point that countries where private
> ownership of guns is not allowed being safer. The UK is a country
> where gun ownership is largely curtailed. Yet, violent crime is
> rampant in the UK.

Your post does mention "assaulted", not shot dead.
Not that assaulted is very good either...
From: Ray Fischer on
mikey4 <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:

>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
>> mikey4 <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:

>>>Here we go with rays typical response. There was no lack of regulation
>>>ray,
>>>you really need to read up on the SEC and how it came about.
>>
>> For the stupid: There were insufficient regulations to control the
>> sort of financial instruments that led to the collapse.
>>
>For the putz, next time say so.

Obviously I need to dumb it down to the 4th grade level for you.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
mikey4 <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:
>> BTW GWB won by the smallest margin in history yet claimed a "mandate".
>>
>Not the first time around.

He just acted like he had a mandate.

> Obama has only Obamas interest at heart. Wait
>and see.

You're a bank robber. "Wait and see."

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
mikey4 <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:

>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
>> Bill Graham <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>>><stephe_k(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>I still don't understand about these, "massive tax cuts to the wealthy".
>>>the
>>>last time I checked, the more money you make, the greater percentage you
>>>have to pay, .....that's what the tax tables in the form 1040 tell me.....
>>
>> That's the sort of ignorant thinking that gets rightards into trouble.
>>
>> There are many ways the wealthy get to pay lower taxes. Here's one:
>>
>> Long-term capital gains and dividends aren't taxed as regular income.
>> It's a flat 15% even before you find any deductions. So, if you own a
>> ton of stock that pays you $250,000/yr in dividends then you pay no more
>> than 15% of that as income tax. If you are given $100,000,000 in
>> stock by the company and you sell it a year later, you pay 15%.
>>
>> If you earn $150,000 as straight salary then you pay about twice as
>> much.
>>
>> --
>and if you are ray and have little to no stock you pay little or nothing.

Awww. mikey is feeling cranky again because he's stupid. He doesn't
know about taxes and stock dividends and assumes that others are as
stupid as he is.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
mikey4 <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:

>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
>> mikey4 <lakediver(a)dd..net> wrote:

>>>Just like the lefttards
>>
>> Never trust a man who gives online retorts with *no* substance.
>> mikey in <h8rvun$1hb$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>
>> --
>Snip away ray

Run away, hypocrite.

It's always so easy to argue against you rightards jut by throwing
your own words back at you.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
Prev: Pittsburgh
Next: Incompatible jpeg?