From: Bill Graham on

"SMS" <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote in message
> Bob Larter wrote:
>
>> Given that my son was born at 26 weeks, & is now a perfectly healthy 8
>> year old, abortions as late as that do bother me a lot. That said, I
>> still believe that the woman's right to choose trumps the rights of the
>> foetus.
>
> My daughter was 27 weeks, son was 32 weeks, and both are fine. The memory
> of the NICU ordeals will remain with me forever, as I'm sure it does with
> everyone that goes through it.
>
>>> While their opposition to RU486 is pretty ridiculous, at least you can
>>> see where they are coming from in opposing abortion after the fetus is
>>> more than a few weeks old.
>>
>> My personal dividing line is at the point where the foetus is viable
>> outside the womb. Currently, I think that's around 24 weeks.
>
> There are cases where there are extremely serious problems that are not
> known until the third trimester, cases where there is no reason to
> continue the pregnancy. This is where the right-wingers come up with their
> "only god can decide" schtick. Of course they don't apply the same
> criteria to other parts of others lives.

Please preface your, "right wingers" with "Religious right wingers". I
happen to be an atheist, and I do not generate my right winger philosophy
from any religious belief.

From: Ray Fischer on
Neil Harrington <secret(a)illumnati.net> wrote:

>"David Ruether" <d_ruether(a)thotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Neil Harrington" <secret(a)illumnati.net> wrote in message
>

>>> Much the same with the latest ACORN scandal, which stunk so badly that
>>> even Democrats in Congress finally voted to stop funding ACORN. But you
>>> never even heard about it from ABC, CBS or NBC, did you?
>> [Nonsense deleted...]
>>
>> What was shown on tape from a *few* ACORN locations (but where
>> were the reportings of the ones that threw out these imposters?)
>
>What makes you think ANY of the ACORN offices did or would do any
>differently from the ones on tape? ACORN is rotten and corrupt to the core.

If that's true then it must also be true of the Republican party given
the number of Republicans who have been shown to be lying,
philandering hypocrites.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Bill Graham on

> mikey4 wrote:
>
>> Just what do you think is happening right now????????? Why do you think
>> people are so PISSED????????
>
> You have a very small number of people that are "PISSED" and they are
> pissed because their handlers tell them to be pissed, not because they
> have even the slightest understanding of what's going on. They aren't out
> there reading The Economist to gain an in-depth understanding of the
> complex issues, they're listening to lies from Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity,
> Rush, and the Heritage Foundation. They have no capacity or desire to even
> try to learn. Such is the state of the right-wing.
>
> The rest of the population may not be too happy about the bailouts but
> they have developed the critical thinking skills to understand why the
> government could not let companies like AIG fail, why the major banks
> could not be allowed to fail, and why manufacturers with billions of
> dollars of pension liabilities were better bailed out than allowed to
> fail. Yes, it's not fair. The alternative would have been far worse.
>
> No one blames Obama for this mess. They may put too much of the blame on
> George W. Bush since the political philosophy that led us down this road
> was began by Ronald Reagan, who has near god-like status among the right
> wing, and cannot be blamed for anything.

You mean the philosophy of encouraging the banks to lend money for mortgages
to people who didn't have any money for a down payment, and poor work
records to make the payments? I don't think so. I think that was advanced by
democrats on the finance committee like Barney Frank, and Chris Dodd.
Blaming Ronald Regan and supply side economics for that is
ridiculous........

From: Bill Graham on

"David Ruether" <d_ruether(a)thotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Neil Harrington" <secret(a)illumnati.net> wrote in message
>> "SMS" <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote in message

>>> IBD has as much credibility at Fox News, the New York Post, and the
>>> Washington Times.
>
>> Yes, those news organizations have all reported on the Van Jones scandal,
>> which the mainstream media took great pains to avoid any mention of --
>> with the result that when Jones resigned, people who didn't follow Fox
>> News, the New York Post, the Washington Times et al. didn't even know
>> what he was resigning for. That's the state of the news media today.
>
> You have GOT to be joking!!! Obviously you have been watching only
> Fox news and similar, which is why you missed the more balanced reporting
> on this elsewhere...
>
>> Much the same with the latest ACORN scandal, which stunk so badly that
>> even Democrats in Congress finally voted to stop funding ACORN. But you
>> never even heard about it from ABC, CBS or NBC, did you?
> [Nonsense deleted...]
>
> What was shown on tape from a *few* ACORN locations (but where
> were the reportings of the ones that threw out these imposters?) was
> disgusting and stupid, but here we have once again the old absolutist
> and uncritical Right approach of the non-thinking "they all must be evil",
> and, "let's throw out the baby with the bathwater".
>
>> Here, read all about it from a functional news organization and learn
>> something for a change:
>>
>> http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2009/09/14/dan-gainor-acorn-media-ignore/
>
> So THIS is where you get your (false) information from, huh??? LOL,
> and much more LOL! 8^)
> Q. E. D., by yourself! 8^)
> --DR

Well, after Fox news' report and expose of ACORN. the congress voted to cut
off their funding today......

From: Bill Graham on

<stephe_k(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message news:h916ml$lne$3(a)news.albasani.net...
> mikey4 wrote:
>

>> People are pissed because "they" have finely woke up to the fact that the
>> "government" is out of control and has been for a very long time.
>
> Well I was pissed watching GWB spending BILLIONS on a war while giving
> MASSIVE tax breaks to the wealthy. I was pissed watching him do NOTHING
> other than watching the economy fail. Were you? Some of us didn't just
> "wake up" because a republican wasn't in the white house. If Obama had
> been handed a healthy country and done this, I'd be pissed right there
> with ya, but that isn't what happened.
>
> Stephanie
I still don't understand about these, "massive tax cuts to the wealthy". the
last time I checked, the more money you make, the greater percentage you
have to pay, .....that's what the tax tables in the form 1040 tell me.....

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Prev: Pittsburgh
Next: Incompatible jpeg?