From: mikey4 on

"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
> Bill Graham <weg9(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>><stephe_k(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>> Well I was pissed watching GWB spending BILLIONS on a war while giving
>>> MASSIVE tax breaks to the wealthy. I was pissed watching him do NOTHING
>>> other than watching the economy fail. Were you? Some of us didn't just
>>> "wake up" because a republican wasn't in the white house. If Obama had
>>> been handed a healthy country and done this, I'd be pissed right there
>>> with ya, but that isn't what happened.
>>>
>>> Stephanie
>>I still don't understand about these, "massive tax cuts to the wealthy".
>>the
>>last time I checked, the more money you make, the greater percentage you
>>have to pay, .....that's what the tax tables in the form 1040 tell me.....
>
> That's the sort of ignorant thinking that gets rightards into trouble.
>
> There are many ways the wealthy get to pay lower taxes. Here's one:
>
> Long-term capital gains and dividends aren't taxed as regular income.
> It's a flat 15% even before you find any deductions. So, if you own a
> ton of stock that pays you $250,000/yr in dividends then you pay no more
> than 15% of that as income tax. If you are given $100,000,000 in
> stock by the company and you sell it a year later, you pay 15%.
>
> If you earn $150,000 as straight salary then you pay about twice as
> much.
>
> --
>and if you are ray and have little to no stock you pay little or nothing.
if you are ray and sell your house you get a free ride on the first
$250,000, i believe. might even be more now that Obama is the prez.

From: mikey4 on

<stephe_k(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message news:h936hj$lcl$3(a)news.albasani.net...
> mikey4 wrote:
>> <stephe_k(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Well I was pissed watching GWB spending BILLIONS on a war while giving
>>> MASSIVE tax breaks to the wealthy. I was pissed watching him do NOTHING
>>> other than watching the economy fail. Were you? Some of us didn't just
>>> "wake up" because a republican wasn't in the white house. If Obama had
>>> been handed a healthy country and done this, I'd be pissed right there
>>> with ya, but that isn't what happened.
>>>
>>> Stephanie
>>
>> My point here Stephanie is that this entire mess is a result of *both*
>> parties screwing the pooch for *years and years and years*. The
>> republicans win by a land slide and they *think* they have a mandate,
>> they don't, people were sick and tired of what the dems were doing. The
>> dems win by ands land slide and well, you finish the sentence.
>> They have us right where they want us, squabbling about this party did
>> that and the other party did this.
>> News flash, BOTH PARTIES are doing US.!!!
>>

> Did I ever say I was a democrat? There are some republicans I am OK with
> too. Overall I think NONE of them are representing us. I guess I just feel
> Obama has my interests more at heart than GWB ever did.
>
> BTW GWB won by the smallest margin in history yet claimed a "mandate".

Not the first time around. Obama has only Obamas interest at heart. Wait
and see.

From: tony cooper on
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 19:57:03 +0200, Rol_Lei Nut
<Speleo_Karstlenscap(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>tony cooper wrote:
>> On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 18:36:03 +0200, Rol_Lei Nut
>> <Speleo_Karstlenscap(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Unfortunately for you, those are the countries where neighbours are
>>> friendly and look out for each other....
>>
>> Countries like, say, Scotland?
>>
>> "A United Nations report has labelled Scotland the most violent
>> country in the developed world, with people three times more likely to
>> be assaulted than in America.
>>
>> England and Wales recorded the second highest number of violent
>> assaults while Northern Ireland recorded the fewest." (2005)
>>

>> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article568214.ece
>>

>I've never held the UK up as an example, as in many ways it
>follows/emulates the US...
>That is unfortunately (Yob culture) why I would have serious
>reservations about living there.
>But I have similar or worse reservations about living in the U.S. (apart
>from a very few places).
>
>In most (the vast majority) of Europe, volent crime rates are a fraction
>of the U.S. (and U.K.) ones.

You're back-pedaling. You made the point that countries where private
ownership of guns is not allowed being safer. The UK is a country
where gun ownership is largely curtailed. Yet, violent crime is
rampant in the UK.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: mikey4 on

"Rol_Lei Nut" <Speleo_Karstlenscap(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Rol_Lei Nut wrote:
>> Bill Graham wrote:
>>>
>>> "SPAM.WATCH" <fart(a)thefreakspeechsore.com> wrote in message
>>>>
> And by the way, where I live I don't feel the need to own a gun to defend
> myself (very little violent crime), I pay a pittance for what is probably
> better health care than BG has and, and, and... (the list could become
> *very* long!)

I have lived in WA, Portland OR, NYC, spent a lot of time in the close in LA
area and now Houston, the only thing my hand guns have seen is the shooting
range; hell I don't even have a carry permit.

From: Rol_Lei Nut on
mikey4 wrote:
> "Rol_Lei Nut" <Speleo_Karstlenscap(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Rol_Lei Nut wrote:
>>>>>
>> And by the way, where I live I don't feel the need to own a gun to defend
>> myself (very little violent crime), I pay a pittance for what is probably
>> better health care than BG has and, and, and... (the list could become
>> *very* long!)
>
> I have lived in WA, Portland OR, NYC, spent a lot of time in the close in LA
> area and now Houston, the only thing my hand guns have seen is the shooting
> range; hell I don't even have a carry permit.

A few places within the same country... Is that supposed to be
impressive?!!?
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Prev: Pittsburgh
Next: Incompatible jpeg?