From: Daku on
Could some electronics guru please help ? Is there any commonly
available reference design for an ultra low frequency voltage
controlled oscillator ? I developed a 60 Hz center frequency SPICE
model using common op-amps. I was wondering if there are any reference
designs out there.
Any feedback would be very useful. Thanks in advance for your help.
From: Tim Williams on
http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/tmoranwms/Circuits_2008/Triangle.gif

Replace 25k pot with control voltage input.

In a single range, this thing will go from 1Hz to 4.5MHz. That was with Ct = 680pF. Put in, say, 0.1uF and it will gladly do milihertz.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

From: Jasen Betts on
On 2010-07-05, Daku <dakupoto(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Could some electronics guru please help ? Is there any commonly
> available reference design for an ultra low frequency voltage
> controlled oscillator ? I developed a 60 Hz center frequency SPICE
> model using common op-amps. I was wondering if there are any reference
> designs out there.
> Any feedback would be very useful. Thanks in advance for your help.

LM555 ?

From: Spehro Pefhany on
On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 00:01:47 -0700 (PDT), the renowned Daku
<dakupoto(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Could some electronics guru please help ? Is there any commonly
>available reference design for an ultra low frequency voltage
>controlled oscillator ? I developed a 60 Hz center frequency SPICE
>model using common op-amps. I was wondering if there are any reference
>designs out there.
>Any feedback would be very useful. Thanks in advance for your help.

There's one on the LM324 datasheet that will be happy enough at 60Hz,
plus it only uses 10-15 cents worth of parts.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
speff(a)interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
From: terryS on
On Jul 5, 10:31 am, Spehro Pefhany <speffS...(a)interlogDOTyou.knowwhat>
wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 00:01:47 -0700 (PDT), the renowned Daku
>
> <dakup...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >Could some electronics guru please help ? Is there any commonly
> >available reference design for an ultra low frequency voltage
> >controlled oscillator ? I developed a 60 Hz center frequency SPICE
> >model using common op-amps. I was wondering if there are any reference
> >designs out there.
> >Any feedback would be very useful. Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> There's one on the LM324 datasheet that will be happy enough at 60Hz,
> plus it only uses 10-15 cents worth of parts.
>
> Best regards,
> Spehro Pefhany
> --
> "it's the network..."                          "The Journey is the reward"
> sp...(a)interlog.com             Info for manufacturers:http://www.trexon.com
> Embedded software/hardware/analog  Info for designers:  http://www.speff.com

Unsophisticated and fixed one could use three components?
From a DC (or rectified AC) source of more tha 100 volts.
A resistor, a neon and a capacitor.
Size of capacitor determines rate.
I think it used to be called a 'Relaxation oscillator'?