First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Is anybody test switch to virtual mode (VM20 of intel[3456]86)?
Are you notice that all protected mode engines switch not to VM20 as it can. Why not or limitation? Why boot firmware not do itself? What a setup of 512K size? Is it right to use video board before coming stable? Is it right to test all RAM instead of lazy schedule? I seen some memory control software for i386. It ... 27 Feb 2010 17:41
What is the __dead usage macro at the start of a C program for bsd?
I am importing a very small C program from bsd onto a gnu based system. I otice that after the declarations there is a macro __dead used in a prototype definition as follows: __dead void usage(void); What is the purpose of the __dead macro? Can I eliminate this? What is the purpose of the usage() call? I c... 28 Feb 2010 09:58
pthreads & shared memory
Hello All, I am using fork () command to create 2 processes and using shared memory to communicate between the processes. I have couple of questions. 1. When either of the process access the shared memory, do I need to have a mutex around the whole shared memory? If yes, then how do I create a mutex that ... 1 Mar 2010 16:27
For thine is the capitalization, the spacing, and the brace question.For ever and ever. On Usenet.
> [...] when cursoring down the code [...] The next step in this merry little dance, danced so many times before, is to point out the existence of folding text editors. Well done for bringing the editor wars into the thread, though. That will make it even larger. Now all you need is some way to bring... 26 Feb 2010 19:47
070911 Answers to your Computer question! 03
I fell in love with the net and all the compuiter teahcnology in the very early years and have loved it ever since, I have an IT Degree and Communications degree and will be working on my doctorate for the next five years, in bwetween I design websites, databases, Multimedia Produxction or anything that wil make me a p... 26 Feb 2010 13:03
an issue about clock skew
When building projects, sometimes, make complains as follows: ... has modification time in the future It can be resolved through touching files or reset system clock. But, I don't understand why all these happen. Any explanation in detail or references? -- ego cogito ergo sum ... 25 Feb 2010 17:05
The project BIEW was renamed into BEYE
Hello! Due the fact that previous name of the project (BIEW - Binary vIEWer) has some negative associations in english it was renamed into BEYE (Binary EYE) BEYE (Binary EYE) is a free, portable, advanced file viewer with built-in editor for binary, hexadecimal and disassembler modes. It contains a highlight ... 25 Feb 2010 13:40
gettext (was: Stylistic questions on UNIX C coding)
Richard Bos wrote: gettext() is nice if you have it (it's POSIX, isn't it? No, gettext() is not in POSIX. It specifies catopen(), catgets(), and catclose(). (They used to be in the XSI option, but were made mandatory in the 2008 revision.) Not ISO, anyway, By "Not ISO" presumably you meant not in th... 25 Feb 2010 10:15
Call for Paper The International Journal of Computer Science (IJCS)
Call for Paper The International Journal of Computer Science (IJCS) publishes original papers on all subjects relevant to computer science, communication network, and information systems. The highest priority will be given to those contributions concerned with a discussion of the background of a practical problem,... 25 Feb 2010 09:08
tcp server: how to send message to all the connected client at every time interval
Hi, I want to come up with a server which will send some message like "goodbye" or something else to all the connected client at every 10 sec interval. Could somebody plz help me how to send message to all the connected client at every 10 sec interval. Thanks, Ganesh ... 25 Feb 2010 02:36