First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
For thine is the capitalization, the spacing, and the brace question. For ever and ever. On Usenet.
> Lastly, please don't ask questions like this in public. Why not? Or are you just being rude? Didn't you know? Source code style is a shameful secret, to be practiced behind closed doors by consenting adults only. I saw the subject of the first post in this thread, and immediately thought th... 24 Feb 2010 19:58
shared memory question
Hello All, When I compile the program below: I get the error, main.c: In function ‘main’: main.c:33: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type Looks like the struct is not getting memory allocated. But I thought this is happening throught the shmget/shmat calls. Am I wrong? I am unable to un... 26 Feb 2010 20:54
Stylistic questions on UNIX C coding.
Hi, I've a few questions concerning style when programming C on UNIX systems. I don't want to look like an amateur. :) 1. Having been programming in higher level languages for the last 15 years, I'm finding it hard to get used to DEFINES in all capitals. Is it really frowned on not to do so? Is CamelCase ac... 14 Mar 2010 04:23
integer
I'm curious about the following description: #include <unistd.h> long pathconf(const char *path, int name); DESCRIPTION The pathconf(), lpathconf() and fpathconf() system calls provide a method for applications to determine the current value of a configurable system ... 3 Mar 2010 02:58
command line options for child process
Thanks Eric, I was doing more than just modifying the command line args that is why I used fork. Parent process was also reading in from the stdin. My approach seems to work, I was in doubt whether it is the cleanest way to do it. Thanks for your inputs. On Feb 18, 12:41 pm, Eric Sosman <esos...(a)ieee-dot-o... 21 Feb 2010 18:16
ANN: Seed7 Release 2010-02-21
Hello, I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100221.tgz In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used when it brings advantages and not in plac... 27 Feb 2010 14:20
Error freeing bug made me think "what's the point?"
Disclaimer: I'm returning to programming for UNIX/Linux in C after a break of 15 years and I was never a guru in the first place. This afternoon I ran into an error freeing bug in my code which took me 20 mins to debug (mainly because I was convinced I knew what the problem was but turned out to be totally wro... 22 Feb 2010 05:14
'netstat' and '-f inet' option
Hi, I have been trying to use the command of 'netstat -a -n -f inet' to generate a report on all network end points not just the ESTABLISHED (-a option) by printing the IP addresses as dotted-decimal numbers(-n option), but only for TCP and UDP end points(-f inet option). But, strangely, the '-f inet' option d... 25 Feb 2010 01:29
using select as a sleep call
Hello, I was wondering if it is valid to use select as a sleep call. When i use select and try to sleep, it seems the elapsed time is always 4 milliseconds at a minimum. I can not sleep for 1 millisecond only. And, if i set the sleep to longer than 4 milliseconds the elapsed time is also greater then the time ... 25 Feb 2010 22:42
directories III
Hello newsgroups, As an exercise for an autodidact, I've been trying to write a reasonable read directory utility in more or less standard C. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <errno.h> #include <string.h> #include <limits.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <dirent.h... 1 Mar 2010 08:03