First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Costum Build-Enviroment (search for libs at a certain place first)
I'm sorry for the weird subject. Here's my problem: I'm stuck on a system without root-priviledges. Thus if I want some program the admin doesn't want to install systemwide, I'll have to locally install it $HOME. Now, if I can simply build the program from source everything is fine. I configure with --prefix="$H... 5 Apr 2010 19:29
Learn about proxy sites and how to use them to open blocked sites unlimited downloads from RapidShare and megaupload and increase the speed of the Internet with new sites for free
And, following a series of proxy sites blocked open any page or download from RapidShare download sites have all accelerated the internet for free How to benfite form a proxy site: 1 - make your browsing experience is safe as it changes the address of your computer one can not spying on you or to know what to do... 5 Apr 2010 07:11
ANN: Seed7 Release 2010-04-04
Hello, I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100404.tgz In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used when it brings advantages and not in plac... 4 Apr 2010 18:11
pthread_cond_wait
Hello, Can I use pthread_cond_wait & pthread_signal for IPC? I am using fork to create 2 process. Can I use pthread_cond_wait & pthread_signal to stall one of the process until the condition is set by the other? Thanks, Vandana ... 5 Apr 2010 02:54
Why can't I catch a SIGBUS on my Mac (when strlen(NULL) is used)?
Hi, I tried a simple test application and I fail to catch the exception in my catch block. Why does this not work? I am using Mac OS X 10.5.x, but I think as this is a plain UNIX issue it will behave identical on Linux. The code (test.cpp): #include <signal.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #in... 3 Apr 2010 15:56
Do named pipes have disk I/O ??
Named pipes seem like a really good form of IPO. I want to know if they are bogged down with disk I/O, since they are treated as files. Some operating systems actually implement pipes as temporary files, so I know that this is possible. ... 11 Apr 2010 11:14
Learn about proxy sites and how to use them to open blocked sites unlimited downloads from RapidShare and megaupload and increase the speed of the Internet with new sites for free
And, following a series of proxy sites blocked open any page or download from RapidShare download sites have all accelerated the internet for free How to benfite form a proxy site: 1 - make your browsing experience is safe as it changes the address of your computer one can not spying on you or to know what to do... 3 Apr 2010 06:04
socket
Well this is what I have so far. I believe I'm doing this right. #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/socket.h> int smtp,pop,ftp; smtp=socket(AF_INET,SOCK_DGRAM,25); pop=socket(AF_INET,SOCK_DGRAM,109); ftp=socket(AF_INET,SOCK_DGRAM,21); This should declare the socket(s). Bill ... 8 Apr 2010 19:41
IPC based on name pipe FIFO and transaction log file
Please critique this design: Multiple threads of one process communicate with one or more threads of another process. The first process appends (O_APPEND flag) transaction records to a transaction log file, and then writes to a named pipe to inform the other process that a transaction is ready for process... 4 Apr 2010 23:40
LBW 0.1: Linux Binaries on Windows
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 00:03:21 GMT, David Given wrote: Yes, finally you both get to know why I've been asking all those weird questions over the past couple of months! LBW is a Linux binary loader that runs on Windows (currently only 32-bit Windows XP). It translates Linux system calls into Windows ones,... 16 Apr 2010 09:27