First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
How to get IP address from C application
I'm interesting how to get IP address from C application. I've used gethostname() and gethostbyname() in my application. I've edited /etc/hosts file to add my hostname and IP address. My PC is connected to server which using DHCP. If I remove added lines from /etc/hosts gethostbyname() function returns error. How ... 24 May 2010 17:55
where is good sample code I can learn about linux systemprogramming
On Thu, 20 May 2010, miloody wrote: Would someone tell me where I can find somw excellent examples which shows me how to write system programs under linux, something like IPC, MMap, thread and signal, etc. I read some document about them and some simple program to show how to use them. But wh... 20 May 2010 11:39
where is good sample code I can learn about linux system programming
Dear all: Would someone tell me where I can find somw excellent examples which shows me how to write system programs under linux, something like IPC, MMap, thread and signal, etc. I read some document about them and some simple program to show how to use them. But what I really want is to trace a program which co... 27 May 2010 08:09
Why linking?
In a program I include the file zlib.h. When I include that file I suddenly needs to specify a library file which it should "link against". Why does some .h files need a library file and what does it mean that it links against the library file? ... 22 May 2010 20:22
SIGPIPE doesn't work in Cygwin?
Consider the following code (assume "sock" is the fd of a connected socket and there is a client reading what we write): while (1) { write(sock,str,strlen(str)); sleep(1); } Now, under Unix this works fine; if/when the client goes away, we get a SIGPIPE and the process is killed. This is good. ... 18 May 2010 22:31
ptrace question
In the linux man page for the ptrace PTRACE_PEEKTEXT option it says: "Reads a word at the location addr in the child's memory" My question is , how do you get the list of valid addresses for the child process? Ie its text/data area start and end addresses. Thanks for any help. B2003 ... 18 May 2010 15:53
open all bloced sites with free proxy service facebook,myspace,twitter ......etc
How to benfite form a proxy site: 1 - make your browsing experience is safe as it changes the address of your computer one can not spying on you or to know what to do 2 - change the title of your page opens banned from your country 3 - web pages stored on the server of the site, which increases the speed of the In... 18 May 2010 05:59
seg fault
Why do I keep getting a segmentation fault here? I want to write to an echo server and receive back. #include "main.h" struct addrinfo ad, *p; int client(char *ip, char *port) { int rv, c, sock; char *buf = "hello\n"; memset(&ad, 0, sizeof ad); getaddrinfo(ip, port, &ad, &p); ad... 30 May 2010 19:46
Programming UI-based shell/Terminal programs
Hey all, I'm relatively new to the whole UNIX programming scene, and want to get into programming for the terminal. I want to make programs that have a textual user interface (such as Tin, IRSSI, etc.), but have no idea what APIs or tools I'd need to get the job done. I'm a pretty good C programmer, and am in t... 17 May 2010 23:28
ANN: Seed7 Release 2010-05-16
Hello, I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100516.tgz In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used when it brings advantages and not in plac... 16 May 2010 16:49