First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
SPAM
x ... 9 Apr 2010 12:16
How reliable are named pipes?
Are there any reliability issues or other caveats with using named pipes? ... 20 Apr 2010 16:01
Flushing file writes to disk with 100% reliability
Is there a completely certain way that a write to a file can be flushed to the disk that encompasses every possible memory buffer, including the hard drives onboard cache? I want to be able to yank the power cord at any moment and not get corrupted data other than the most recent single transaction. ... 24 Apr 2010 10:31
Learn about proxy sites and how to use them to open blocked sites unlimited downloads from RapidShare and megaupload and increase the speed of the Internet with new sites for free
And, following a series of proxy sites blocked open any page or download from RapidShare download sites have all accelerated the internet for free How to benfite form a proxy site: 1 - make your browsing experience is safe as it changes the address of your computer one can not spying on you or to know what to do... 8 Apr 2010 03:58
wait for particular process pid
Is there way on UNIX to wait for particular process (not child process) identified by pid? I know how to wait for a child process but is there way to wait for not child process? ... 8 Apr 2010 23:03
Tutorial for using autoconf and automake?
Can anyone suggest a really good tutorial for using autoconf and automake? I found several, but only one (linked below) made a good effort at explaining what each stage was doing and, having worked my way through it, ultimately it failed and the tutorial did not help me resolve them nor was I able to work out ... 8 Apr 2010 15:10
Bill Cunningham and sockets for the past six years
> You should learn "C" before you try sockets. Don't fall for it. See what Jens Thoms Toerring wrote in the last Bill Cunningham and sockets thread. ... 8 Apr 2010 12:34
error [socket]
I tried this just to see what would happen and it didn't compile. Here are my error codes, #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/socket.h> int tcp, bstat; tcp = socket(tcp, SOCK_STREAM, 0); bstat = bind(tcp, INADDR_ANY, 4096); int main() { if (tcp == -1) { perror("tcp error"); return ... 8 Apr 2010 16:18
CRC64 collision on 48bit input string.
Hi, Sorry if this is out of concern of this newsgroup (I don't know where I should post). If the given string is 48-bit data, and take the CRC64, does it collide? The problem is that, one of the source codes that I need to verify, uses CRC64 value as a hash value, where the input data is 48bit mac address.... 6 Apr 2010 20:58
Costum Build-Enviroment (search for libs at a certain placefirst)
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, ar0 wrote: I'm stuck on a system without root-priviledges. Thus if I want some program the admin doesn't want to install systemwide, I'll have to locally install it $HOME. I do this regularly. Now, if I can simply build the program from source everything is fine. I configu... 5 Apr 2010 17:14