First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
makefile debug release
Hello, I am doing a small project and I have some difficulties to create the makefile. I want to be able to create a debug and a release version, so I have different directories for the generated object files. The following makefile seems to work but I am sure it can be simplified a lot. I have done some expe... 16 Dec 2009 05:47
trying to understand mutex issue
I am using pthread mutexes. I have, say, 8 threads. 5 are A threads. 2 are B threads. there is 1 C thread. A, B, and C all try and lock the same mutex. What I am seeing is that the A and B threads seem to never allow C to go. Is there a better way to handle this? I am somewhat new to this so maybe I just need a... 8 Dec 2009 16:24
Shariffa Carlo
Shariffa Carlo The story of how I reverted to al Islam is a story of plans. I made plans, the group I was with made plans, and Allah made plans. And Allah is the Best of Planners. When I was a teenager, I came to the attention of a group of people with a very sinister agenda. They were and probably still are a... 7 Dec 2009 16:14
ANN: Seed7 Release 2009-12-06
Hello, I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20091206.tgz In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used when it brings advantages and not in plac... 6 Dec 2009 17:15
Joy of C source code
Huh, well, here's something I didn't think about. I recently got an old copy of "Joy of C", 3rd Ed., and am reacquainting myself with C after a decade or so. Am enjoying it much more than I thought I would; it's quite refreshing dealing with things in simplicity and straightforwardness, rather than rapid buil... 6 Dec 2009 16:09
how to kill all child when parent exits
Guys, I am writing an application where the parent (daemon) forks few child processes. My requirement is that when the parent process exits/killed/crashed, all its child processes should also exit. Can someone suggest some way of doing it. Problematic scenario is the one where the parent crashed or killed (S... 4 Dec 2009 20:43
waitpid == -1 and errno == ECHILD
Greetings, Suppose I have this code : { pid = fork(); int exitcode = 0; if (pid == 0) { do_some_actions(); } if ( waitpid(pid, &exitcode,0) == -1) { switch(errno) { case ECHILD: do_something(); break; case EINTR: break; default : break; } } In what conditions we can have w... 28 Nov 2009 17:53
a tricky expression
Hi Trying to understand some application dealing with VLAN and can't figure out what this piece of code does: #define MAX_PORTS_IN_UNIT 28 #define MAX_VLAN_ID 4095 #define VLAN_BITMAP_ARRAY_SIZE (MAX_VLAN_ID/32+1) unsigned long vlan_member_array[VLAN_BITMAP_ARRAY_SIZE]; int sw_is_set_vlan_bit(unsigned... 27 Nov 2009 16:40
Restricting symbols from getting exported to global symb table
Hi All, We have an executable on Linux which is linked to some third party library. When our executable gets loaded , we got symbol conflicts for the third party shared library. To resolve the symbol conflict we tried to build our executable with '--version-script' to restrict the symbols to local scope , howeve... 27 Nov 2009 17:47
unformatted file
Hello, for my program to be fast, I use some unformatted file. My question is, If I bzip those unformatted file, will the data change? ... 25 Nov 2009 08:09
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last