First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Intercepting xmitted (send) and received data in kernel space
Hi list, I'm looking for a way (in kernel space) of intercepting data being sent to a network interface for transmission by the send/sendto function and to fetch data incoming in the network interface: userspace ---> send(to) ----> my_module--> TCP/IPstack--- network_dev_driver userspace <--- my_module<-- TCP/... 7 Sep 2009 11:07
ANN: Seed7 Release 2009-09-06
Hello, I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20090906.tgz In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used when it brings advantages and not in plac... 6 Sep 2009 17:32
fork() then clean up
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:20:59 -0700 (PDT) David Schwartz <davids(a)webmaster.com> wrote: | On Aug 31, 3:58�pm, phil-news-nos...(a)ipal.net wrote: | |> But if pages that libc would need, in the child, are unmapped, then I've |> just broken libc. �Those are pages I need to avoid unmapping. �Clearly |> this is a non-triv... 6 Sep 2009 07:36
disconnecting for port
I have a server process that listens for incoming connections on a specific port. If the server is killed or dies it does not properly close the socket and when trying to restart the server it takes about 60 seconds before the server will be allowed to bind to this socket again. Is there any way to avoid this ... 6 Sep 2009 20:54
mblk
Hi, Can someone please explain how network packets are mapped to mblks. I have googled quite a bit, but nothing concrete comes up. Any links would also be great! Thank you, Vis ... 4 Sep 2009 13:11
mmap failing with EINVAL inside valgrind
Hi all, I am having problems trying to run an application with valgrind v3.4.1. The application mmap()s a big file (around 200 MB) with the flag MAP_FIXED and some fixed address, the size is multiple of 4096. map fails with the error EINVAL when I run it with valgrind. If I run it with gdb, it works fine. Is the... 21 Sep 2009 02:19
How to split huge file located on nfs using some system call.
I have a huge file which I want to split into "n" files w/o copying the data physically. This is normally done in unix using splice but unfortunately splice doesn't work if file is located on nfs. Also each individual file should exist as an independent file that can be later used by other programs (and so openin... 3 Sep 2009 07:43
Got "permission denied" when creating a posix message queue.
Below code is the excise from Unix network programming: IPC. But after building the code using : g++ thisfile.cpp -lrt running: a.out /tmp/mq.1234 will cause the code print "errno=13 Permission denied". How to solve this issue? Thank you! #include <mqueue.h> #include <errno.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <s... 3 Sep 2009 07:43
libevent or libev
I'm starting a new project that must support more than 10K slow clients simultaneously. I consider to choose libevent or libev library to work with sockets. But I'm wondering which is better for this particular case (speed, interface, capability to work with vstr). Thanks in advance -- Using Opera's ... 9 Dec 2008 05:00
monitoring /dev/ttyS0
Hi I have a modem using the ttyS0 serial port. This port is used by a java application X. I would like to log the data on /dev/ttyS0 when everything is running (modem and java application). So I tried interceptty which is a program that can sit between a serial port and an application, recording any communica... 11 Oct 2008 05:27