First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
SHC and shell script problem
Hello all, I'm using shc (http://www.datsi.fi.upm.es/~frosal/) to compile some shell script I use for monitoring purpose on remote systems. I've a particular shell script that simply run a ps | grep to grep a process given as argument and exit as 0 if it's ok or 1 if it's not ok. This script runs from month... 18 Sep 2009 02:10
Outsource to Freelancers, IT Companies, Programmer
oDesk is the marketplace for online work teams, with the best business model for both buyers and providers. Our unique approach guarantees to buyers that an hour billed is an hour worked, while guaranteeing to providers that an hour worked is an hour paid. To get more information visit :- http://www.ezdia.com/Ou... 14 Sep 2009 08:32
Not So Newbie Anymore:"Could use tutorial guidance of experienced TCP/IP sockets programmer"problem solved!
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 10:42:14 -0700 (PDT) Ramon F Herrera <ramon(a)conexus.net> wrote: UDP sucks AFAIAC. You do know that the U stands for Unreliable don't you ? -- Steve O'Hara-Smith | Directable Mirror Arrays C:>WIN | A better way to focus t... 12 Sep 2009 17:22
ANN: dh, the daemon helper 2009-09-12 11:11
dh, the daemon helper 2009-09-12 11:11 Yet another fix, to prevent attacks using world writable files. It think this version covers all the security issues. But who knows, UNIX and C are a security minefield. I invite code review, but I don't have time for ng trolls; if you have concerns, email me. My re... 12 Sep 2009 17:22
Need to use streams/buffers, but NOT related to stdin, stdout or to files
I have looked all over the net for this, but all the hits I get are about cout, cin or streams linked to disk files. The feature that I need is in-core (boy, that's an ancient term) streams and buffers. Back when I was a C programmer, I implemented my own streaming like this: char output_buffer[150 *1024]... 12 Sep 2009 08:35
Newbie: Could use tutorial guidance of experienced TCP/IP sockets programmer
Hello all, I have been programming under U*ix for ages, but this is the first time I have gathered the courage to attempt dealing with such scary black art as sockets. :^) As an introductory, tutorial-type material, these programs are great (see simplest one below): http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_40_0/do... 14 Sep 2009 05:15
Is there anything special I need to do in order to mix object files created by the C and the C++ compilers?
Ramon F Herrera writes: I created one *.o file from a C source, using gcc I created another *.o file from a C++ source, using g++. The linking pass is failing. Should I use gcc, g++ or ld for linking? I am guessing the latter. Nope. g++. ... 10 Sep 2009 20:18
Any good books for X render and X composite?
Hi I'm wondering if anyone can recommend some X win programming books that also cover the render and compositing extensions? I've got the Xlib programming manual books but they only cover the core Xlib API plus they seem to be out of print now anyway so I'm won't hold my breath for updated versions. I realise... 10 Sep 2009 08:01
framebuffer device
hello, i'm looking for some support on framebuffer device, on my linux, i couldn't find the device /dev/fb* which is documented in linux documetation. http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/fb/framebuffer.txt my system informations: zsh/3 4747 % uname -a Linux arch 2.6.30-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 17 18:0... 10 Sep 2009 06:55
ANN: dh, the daemon helper 2009-09-04
dh, the daemon helper The daemon helper starts any program or script as a daemon. It's a small C program with a simple interface and a liberal license. ftp://ftp.isp2dial.com/users/jak/src/dh/ Get the files and do: make install clean To build and install dh. Don't try to run the Sh.install scrip... 9 Sep 2009 18:45