First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
libresolv
I'm writing something to do asynchronous MX lookups using libresolv. However when I try to compile I get the following errors. undefined reference to `__ns_initparse' undefined reference to `__ns_parserr' undefined reference to `__ns_name_uncompress' I know I can get around this using the -static switch to g... 14 Sep 2008 04:33
Overwriting and reloading library
Would like some help if possible...I'm trying to use dlopen et al to reload a library from disk. If the library is untouched, the reload works fine. But if I overwrite the library with a new copy, I get a segmentation fault in do_lookup_x when executing dlsym. It would seem that overwriting libraries on disk with u... 29 Aug 2008 14:44
gdb vs fortran RTL -- fight for SIGSEGV
Hi! I have to (unfortunately) debug a FORTRAN-77 program written by somebody else. The program crashes with a SIGSEGV, but I can't point the gdb debugger to a line in code, because SIGSEGV is trapped by the Fortran Runtime Library, so that it can display a stack trace and do some cleanup. What is th... 3 Aug 2008 18:10
mmap(MAP_SHARED) and msync(MS_INVALIDATE)
Dear Experts, I have a program which mmap()s its read-mostly data file. If I run two instances of the program concurrently, I want the changes made by one to be visible to the other. So I call mmap with the MAP_SHARED flag. After I make a change to the data I call msync(). Since I'm using MAP_SHARED I ... 26 Jun 2008 23:52
how to handle socket timeout?
Hi all, My client code connects a TCP socket, and then uses it to send requests and recieve responces many times. What should I do when I get a timeout? The examples I saw so far seem to suggest to continue using the socket, however somehow I doubt this is correct, at least in my case. If recv() times out, ... 16 Jan 2008 14:12
About some snippet on APUE
Hello comp.unix.programmer note: APUE is Advanced Programming on the UNIX Environment <http://www.kohala.com/start/apue.html> Reading on chapter 3.9 of APUE, there is this code: #include "apue.h" #define BUFFSIZE 4096 int main(void) { int n; char buf[BUFFSIZE]; while ((n = read(STDIN_F... 30 Dec 2007 16:31
Debugging core file?
I compiled a game client and it crashed (segmentation fault) resulting in a core file being generated. I'm trying to find out exactly what caused it to crash. Any ideas how I can do this with gdb? In the Makefile can I just add a "-g" flag to have the binary produced with debugging symbols? The source is written in... 10 Nov 2007 08:53
C++ code to read a binary file larger than 2GB on a 32-bit system?
Is it possible at all to read (in C++) a binary file larger than 2GB on a 32-bit system? I tried the following: #include <iostream> #include <fstream> using namespace std; int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { fstream fsBin; fsBin.open(argv[1], fstream::in | fstream::binary); if (! fsBin) { cerr << ... 4 Oct 2007 01:17
unpv22e on linux debian etch
Hello group, i just got recently the Unix Network Programming Book Vol2, from Richard Stevens. I started reading it and i must say, i was kindly surprised from the quality and the presentation of the topics. It all went well until i tried to compile something. I downloaded the source from his official web page, ... 3 Oct 2007 14:45
error: 'RTAX_MAX' undeclared
I am not sure whether this is the right place to ask questions about source codes of the book "UNIX Network Programming, Volume 1, Third Edition" by W. Richard Stevens, Bill Fenner, and Andy Rudoff. Please point to me to the right place if necessary. $ cd libroute/ [tcma(a)rose libroute]$ make gcc -I../lib -g -O2... 25 May 2007 10:04