From: David W. Hodgins on
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:04:51 -0500, Yousuf Khan <bbbl67(a)spammenot.yahoo.com> wrote:

> David W. Hodgins wrote:

>> Try running (as root) sensors-detect.

> Thanks, I have now run that, but now even less things are working. I
> used to get hard drive temperatures, but now they don't even show

Don't forget to restart lm_sensors after running the sensors-detect.

For hard drive temperatures, the package smartmontools needs to
be installed, and the service smartd started.

I'm using Mandriva, so the package/service names may be different.

Regards, Dave Hodgins

From: Yousuf Khan on
David W. Hodgins wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:04:51 -0500, Yousuf Khan
> <bbbl67(a)spammenot.yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Thanks, I have now run that, but now even less things are working. I
>> used to get hard drive temperatures, but now they don't even show
>
> Don't forget to restart lm_sensors after running the sensors-detect.
>
> For hard drive temperatures, the package smartmontools needs to
> be installed, and the service smartd started.
>
> I'm using Mandriva, so the package/service names may be different.

Okay, I reran the sensors-detect again, and this time I paid a bit more
attention to the messages that came back. Looks like there is no sensor
module written yet for AMD K10 processors (Phenom, etc.), so until they
write it, there won't be any temperature readings for the processor yet.

As for the hard drives, yes, I got that working now again. So I got the
temperatures for the hard drives, and the Nvidia graphics card, but not
the processor. Anyways, good enough, we'll see how things improve later.

Yousuf Khan