From: Dustin Cook on
"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1(a)leythosthestalker.com> wrote in

> Dustin the files are analyzed and checked and verified here in my
> office test lab.

Then why do you release a simple script file, instead of an actual
program which could do real content analysis, to be sure it's getting the
right file in it's crosshairs?

I don't know of any serious office test labs which release mass deletion
scripts.... What's the name of this office?

> Our test boxes are infected for weeks at a time and
> then checked for changes they are constantly monitored and not with
> just one infection but two and three at a time. We know what these
> files are and what they do and how they change. I understand what you
> are saying but you need to understand what we do to prevent from
> happening what you say can happen. Yes it can happen but we guard
> against it.

Monitored for what and how? And what are you infecting them with in the
first place? Virus's infect, trojans are not capable of infection. They'd
be viruses if they could....Trojans.. ehh, you know as adware, spyware,
riskware.. heh, etc... they're all trojans when it comes right down to
it.

> For example. a few months ago we found a file that is not
> a windows file but a legitimate file if it is deleted it will break
> your system, however only if you have certain software installed. We
> find these all the time.

This is normal in the study of malware and systems which may have some on
them. It's not something to brag about. :)

> If the malware can be removed safely without
> deleting that file then spyerase will not delete that file. If it
> cannot then it will be deleted and replaced on reboot with a good
> clean file or the file is replaced before scanning and it will not be
> included in the detection database. We did however use this method to

detection database? What detection database? Your file is a long batch
file that occasionally calls 3rd party programs (Strange, one would think
a lab would develop their own software for that)... to delete files and
stop processes which may be running in memory. I don't see any references
to any database of any kind in your script.... No file io calls to any
files of any kind, except for deletion...

Your script is incapable of deciding whether or not a file is malware
because it does not do any kind of analysis, it simply deletes any files
that match hard coded names... Any malware that's released that goes for
common names has the benefit of making sure your script trashes the host
in the process of removal...

It's one thing to have false alarms as all programs occasionally do, but
it's never okay to treat a file as bad simply because of it's name!

> set traps for the thieves who try to steal spyerase. I will send you
> one such file, you analyze it and tell me if bug hunter detects it or

Pcbutts, a question if you will...

You mentioned spyerase was developed in 2005, correct? If that's the
case, why do several roguefix versions I have at the shop predate it, and
practically match several lines for lines in your spyerase?

I've tried to be as civil with you as I possibly know how, but I'm
convinced you've stolen those routines and don't really understand what's
going on in the code; hence your need to release a script, and depend on
other programs to do everything for you.

> if you know what the file does and what program uses it. You can post
> your answer here but don't name the file.

The file is common with several programs, one of which is acs... It's a
library often mistaken for being malware. :(

--
Dustin Cook
Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool -V2.0
From: pcbutts1 on
You asked when I started writing spyerase only. That was in June 2005 Zlob
was discovered in March of 2005, I've been around much longer then that. You
should know all my scripts are similar. You talk about databases and
software, I have all that but I work for the government and my programs are
used only on government systems it is not available to the public. The
government does not use COTS unless it is cheaper for specialized software.
We write our own software. 5 years ago I wrote a tech paper on Spyware and
submitted it to my boss. Although it was hard to believe at that time he
took my word for it and purchased Spysweeper. That did not last long because
it was ineffective and incompatible. I started writing my own removal
scripts and they have since been adopted by my job. Now if you get the same
spam email over and over again are you going to scan it or read it every
single time before you delete it just to make sure it is spam? or are you
going to just delete it. If you know a file is bad there is no reason to
have to waste time scanning it. For example if you download a file called
Leythosisastalkingasshole.jpg.pif you know by the name and extension that it
is bad. Why scan it? We scan it anyways just to verify then we add it to my
Spyerase for deletion. If we come across a file with the same name like
appwiz.cpl, which is a legitimate windows file we don't delete it we replace
it with a know good file. This is done before Spyerase is run during the
install process and that file is not added to the list in Spyerase.

As far as roguefix goes I did not know Stuart has stolen any of my scripts
until it was brought to my attention by a friend of mine. My scripts have
been out there for a long time and I never used to post them to the NG's
just in the forums. To this date there are 4 people who use my scripts as
their own with my permission simply because they asked first and did not
steal it. So you will find it out there. I have about 20 or so scripts that
do just about anything to a windows system. Don't ask what the name of the
program is that I wrote for my job because I won't tell you. I am under
contract and it has just been renewed for another 5 years so it will be a
while.

From: Chaz P. Klinder on
pcbutts1 wrote:
> You asked when I started writing spyerase only. That was in June 2005 Zlob
> was discovered in March of 2005, I've been around much longer then that. You
> should know all my scripts are similar. You talk about databases and
> software, I have all that but I work for the government and my programs are
> used only on government systems it is not available to the public. The
> government does not use COTS unless it is cheaper for specialized software.
> We write our own software. 5 years ago I wrote a tech paper on Spyware and
> submitted it to my boss. Although it was hard to believe at that time he
> took my word for it and purchased Spysweeper. That did not last long because
> it was ineffective and incompatible. I started writing my own removal
> scripts and they have since been adopted by my job. Now if you get the same
> spam email over and over again are you going to scan it or read it every
> single time before you delete it just to make sure it is spam? or are you
> going to just delete it. If you know a file is bad there is no reason to
> have to waste time scanning it. For example if you download a file called
> Leythosisastalkingasshole.jpg.pif you know by the name and extension that it
> is bad. Why scan it? We scan it anyways just to verify then we add it to my
> Spyerase for deletion. If we come across a file with the same name like
> appwiz.cpl, which is a legitimate windows file we don't delete it we replace
> it with a know good file. This is done before Spyerase is run during the
> install process and that file is not added to the list in Spyerase.
>
> As far as roguefix goes I did not know Stuart has stolen any of my scripts
> until it was brought to my attention by a friend of mine. My scripts have
> been out there for a long time and I never used to post them to the NG's
> just in the forums. To this date there are 4 people who use my scripts as
> their own with my permission simply because they asked first and did not
> steal it. So you will find it out there. I have about 20 or so scripts that
> do just about anything to a windows system. Don't ask what the name of the
> program is that I wrote for my job because I won't tell you. I am under
> contract and it has just been renewed for another 5 years so it will be a
> while.

What a crock of sh1t !

Since Clinton became president COTS/GOTS was the preferred way to go.
Numerous Gov't. programs were cut and/or their budgets slashed because
they were too bloody costly. Clinton mandated that COTS solutions were
to be found and used wherever and whenever possible. When Bush came in
to the Whitehouse he reinforced that mandate. It has been the law of
the land ever since.

You say "all my scripts are similar" yet you falsely accuse noahdfear,
S!ri and Stuart as stealing from you. The fact is all three have
created original code. NONE are similar with S!Ri's being the most
eloquent and complex at the same time.

S!Ri's SmitfraudFix generation of registry fix files and VBS script
files created on-the-fly are both advanced and yet simple and thus
eloquent.

Noahdfear's SmitRem use of peer utilities for the killing of running
processes and working with the registry was done in a symbiotic
relationship. Noahdfear had permission to use Bobbi Flekman's SWREG and
Peacock's PROCESS utilities.

Stuart was considered a mere "copy cat" but used his own style and
coding methodology and used the Windows XP stock TSKILL utility.

The fact is in Oct 2005 you were hosting Noahdfear's SmitRem utility and
posting the suggestion for its use and you did NOT perform a complete
Search & Replace of all occurances of 'noahdfear' replacing it with
PCBUTTS1 and the following was easily found...

echo.>>%systemdrive%\smitfiles.txt
echo by noahdfear>>%systemdrive%\smitfiles.txt
echo.>>%systemdrive%\smitfiles.txt

You were confronted about this, edited the file, and then conveniently
dropped hosting the file or suggesting its use. Since all there
mentioned utilities target the same malware family, there should be
convergence in programming structure. There is no convergence and the
only similarity is in the targeted malware family.

You also are clueless about malware. Any file can have any name. All
too often an innocuous JPG file is downloaded off a web site that is a
binary executable file not a true JPEG file. The same goes for a TXT
file. Any file can be loaded as a "AppInit_DLLs" or "Winlogon\Notify"
and NOT be a file named as a DLL. The file could be an innocuous TXT
file and loaded and still perform its payload.

Don't tell us the following is really a MP3 file !

h**p:// www.hothotmodels.net /live.mp3

You also have a fixation on HiJack This logs. However they are
incomplete as many forms of malware hide from HiJack This or will NEVER
be shown in a log. Take the Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.awf as an
example. In a Hijack This log file you may see the QuickTime stub
"C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" being loaded and you'll say it
legitimate. However HiJack This won't show you that "C:\Program
Files\QuickTime\bak\qttask.exe" was created which is the real QuickTime
stub and "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" is the
Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Agent.awf as noted by its date and file size.
Points NOT shown in a HiJack This log.

Now lets talk about the supposed theft by Stuart. Stuart is in London
and you are in California. You have NEVER posted any links in public
where Stuart could have found out anything of a supposed source code to
SuperFix or SpyErase. If you were using it at NASA Stuart would have no
way if having access to it and Stuart doesn't even access Usenet. His
base and following was/is totally European. There is no connection or
mention of anything prior to August 26 when
http://www.internetinspiration.co.uk/roguefix.htm was posted with the
suggestion of using RogueFix in alt.comp.virus . Subsequently you
posted in 24hoursupport.helpdesk on September 3 to use SuperFix.
Since you have been found to plagiarise so many other's code, SuperFix
was examined and it was found to be RougeFix to a tee with a complete
Search and Replace performed changing the name to SuperFix and
attributes to you. The same pattern as seen with other utilities you
have been found to have plagiarised.

You were confronted with the facts and denied the facts and changed it
from SuperFix to SpyErase and password protected the file with a approx.
55 char password. However you continued to deny the theft of Stuart's
work. Then on September 20 you announced SpyErase and that it was
Windows 2000 compliant (which it never was) that it had "1100+
signatures" (where it does NOT find malware via signature detection but
by name and path location) and you posted a laundry list of rogue anti
malware targets. In reality you went back to Stuart's web page and
copied his target list including all the spelling errors (which was one
of several anti-Butts detectors Stuart used) such as "Spyshefiff"
instead of "SpySheriff". You can't state that Stuart plagiarised you
when the web page was hosting the web page with the target name
"Spyshefiff" PRIOR to September 20th when you copied and pasted it into
your post.

You are a fraud Christopher Butts !

Oh, lets not forget that /YOU/ don't have a contract with NASA JPL. You
are an employee of Lockheed Martin Information Technology (LMIT) and as
such you are contracted to JPL by LMIT.

From: pcbutts1 on
You have no idea what you are talking about. I wrote the original code that
noahdfear stole and modified, he improved it. I had no problem with that
until he claimed it was his. He didn't and still don't know who I am because
I don't post as pcbutts1 in the forums nor do I use pcbutts1.com in the
forums. He challenged me on the ownership and lost. S!ri then used
noahdfears code and modified that claiming it was his. I don't know where
Stuart came from or how long he has been using my code. I then modified
Spyerase to fully support and work on Windows 2000. I also set traps in the
program itself so I can tell the forgery. Stuarts latest version 1.92 still
has all the traps in it. Spyerase started at version 1.0 it is now at
version 8.5. That BS about COTS you spewed out is just that ...BS. And I
don't know what makes you think I use Spyerase at work. My tool that I use
at work is much better. For the last time I am not Christopher Butts. You
don't know me so you might as well stop trying to identify me. You also know
nothing about NASA. JPL, or LMIT.

Now lets take a good look at what we have so far, lets bring everybody up to
date. You are a troll, Everyone in my sig and on my website are trolls and
thieves. You all have failed to shut me down or stop me. You failed because
you lie and lies do not work. You have no proof of anything so that's why
you lie. I have proof of everything that why I'm still here. Spyerase is
mine. Spyerase works even on 2000. Spyerase has never ruined any system. I
have never ruined any system with my HJT advice. Leythos the stalker is so
obsessed with me that he thinks I am talking to him because of my sig and he
obeys, maybe I should tell him to go play on the freeway. He is so obsessed
that he really thinks posting links to my website will be a shock to me,
like I don't know what's there when I wrote it. what an idiot. Trolls are
dumb. I am smart. All you dumbass trolls please keep trying to shut me down.

From: Dustin Cook on

> Don't give me credit It was not me. I don't steal. I suggest you try
> to find who did it and let me know because it has happened to me
> before. Start with how you found out. I think it's Nick because some
> of the things that were done to one of my programs was very slick.
> Password it and put traps in it. It will make it somewhat easier to
> track.Now you know how I feel.

You don't steal? Hmm...Strange, the evidence would indicate otherwise...

Your programs are.. ehh, scripts.. They aren't the same, not even in the
same league.

PcButts, you claim to be a programmer, yes? Well then, I present you a
very simple source code snippit below. The code is quiet harmless. I'd
like for you to tell me what each set of instructions is doing. If you do
understand whats going on in the pc, than this code should be a cinche
for you to figure it out. If you really do write real applications and
don't just steal scripts from people, what does the code below do?

mov ax,5301
xor bx,bx
int 15
mov ax,530e