From: Dustin Cook on
"4Q" <paul_zest(a)hushmail.com> wrote in

> kurt wismer wrote:
>> David H. Lipman wrote:
>> [snip]
>> > BTW: There are *many* in the anti virus industry that were once
>> > creators.
>>
>> which seemingly translates to 'av companies hire virus writers and/or
>> ex virus writers'...
>>
>> if you're going to feed the conspiracy nuts you're going to have to
>> pay the conspiracy tax so . . . names please...
>
> We've been thru this a few weeks ago Kurt, have you read the back
> issues of the VX zines like I suggested yet. ;]]
>
> http://vx.netlux.org <-- have fun

Indeed, those authors are fine with you knowing it.
You shouldn't ask David or anyone else to prove anything not already
available to you.

--
Dustin Cook
Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool - V2.1
From: Dustin Cook on
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in

> From: "Rhonda Lea Kirk" <rhondalea(a)gmail.com>
>
>| kurt wismer wrote:
>>> David H. Lipman wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> which seemingly translates to 'av companies hire virus writers
>>> and/or ex virus writers'...
>>>
>>> if you're going to feed the conspiracy nuts
>|
>| We live in a society that believes strongly in rehabilitation.
>| Therefore, when people turn over a new leaf, they're given another
>| chance.
>|
>| How does that make for a conspiracy?
>|
>>> you're going to have to
>>> pay the conspiracy tax so . . . names please...
>|
>| How does your desire to be in the know supersede another's right to
>| privacy?
>|

> The conspiracy is the misperception that the anti virus industry
> creates the malware to prop up the industry and keep themselves in
> business. They ignore the realities such as organized crime being a
> major source.

Indeed. I really don't know anyone in Vx who would design these lame
trojans. It's unthinkable! :)

I applaud you for not dropping names David. You are obviously entrusted
with the information you have, intended for no one except yourself.

From: Dustin Cook on
kurt wismer <kurtw(a)sympatico.ca> wrote in news:eps0gd$rdc$1(a)aioe.org:

> David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: {someone in my killfile}

>> | We live in a society that believes strongly in rehabilitation.
>> | Therefore, when people turn over a new leaf, they're given another
>> | chance.
>> |
>> | How does that make for a conspiracy?

>> | How does your desire to be in the know supersede another's right to
>> | privacy?
>
> a claim was made, it's accuracy is in question, the burden of proof
> lies with the claimant...

Some of the proof you seek has already been made available to you. I'm
afraid in this case, I would be with David. You can either accept the
post David made, or not. Dropping names doesn't help anyone, and isn't
worth proving someone right/wrong on usenet.

>> The conspiracy is the misperception that the anti virus industry
>> creates the malware to prop up the industry and keep themselves in
>> business. They ignore the realities such as organized crime being a
>> major source.
>
> yeah, so about that burden...

No burden. You either believe it or you don't. As I said, as 4Q continues
to tell you, vx.netlux.org is your friend. If you still need to know
things aside from names, then ask.

From: 4Q on
Laura Fredericks wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Feb 2007 23:52:56 GMT, Dustin Cook
> <spamfilterineffect.see.sig(a)nowhere.com> wrote in post to 4Q:
> >I tell you what bro, since I rarely release photos or anything else
> >personal of that sort, I'll send you and Laura a recent pic of me
> >for your sites. Ok? Perhaps when people can link a face to me, they
> >won't think of me as low as some do now. :)

*sounds good*

> As long as you don't look like the late dwarf Simon (Snapper), i.e.
> wear a huge purple scarf around your neck, and a stupid yellow hat.
> ;-)

*sounds bad* *HAHAHAHA*

As some people will know I posted a picture of Raid on the 4Q site
many years ago... Raid saw it and laughed. "Yeah that's me" It was a
trailerpark bandit with a gun, but ya must admit loads of people
really thought it was *our* Raidy.

I posted a picture of John Buccanon (aka Aristotle of NuKE) and
painted a sniper rifle cross-hair on it... People laughed and said
"yeah that's how I imagined him to look... what trailerpark site did
you get this one from?" *Errrm* It's not a trailerpark guy, that his
real picture! *HAHAHAHA* Then I lost my coderz account for publishing
his mugshot!!! *grrrrr*

What people failed to realize is that John (Ari) gave me his photo's
and permission to print them on the 4Q site. Some people were too
quick to jump the gun and shoot me down.

Along with the Raid and Aristotle pics was another ugly mugshot for
Evul, the owner of Coderz.net (just how I imagined him)... Years
later Evul gave me his real mugshot complete with middle finger salute
*HAHAHAHAHA* What an ugly guy, looks like Trackers boyfriend 'Beef'
complete with prison tats *ROFL*

So what is Raidy gonna look like?
*laughing already*

4Q

From: kurt wismer on
Dustin Cook wrote:
> kurt wismer <kurtw(a)sympatico.ca> wrote in news:epr8pe$847$1(a)aioe.org:
>
>> David H. Lipman wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> BTW: There are *many* in the anti virus industry that were once
>>> creators.
>> which seemingly translates to 'av companies hire virus writers and/or
>> ex virus writers'...
>
> The antivirus industry as a whole is bigger than a few companies that are
> household names. While this might surprise you, I was on a first name
> basis years ago with several Antivirus persons.

surprise me? i was there! they called you by your first name and you
called them by theirs...

[snip]
> Putting a persons job or his/her freedom at stake just to satisfy a
> usenet poster is just to risky and immature.

if you think this is just to satisfy my whims then you are gravely
mistaken...

> Nothing is really gained by
> this.

not true... if the claim is proven true then the ensuing lack of
confidence in the av industry is justified... if not then there is no
justification for it but it will happen all the same with such a rumor
picking up steam from people considered to be authorities on the subject...

> David's comments do not extend the silly notion that antivirus
> companies make the viruses. Plain old fashioned, stupidity lets that
> rumour live.

no, no, not that they make viruses, but that they reward virus
writers... just as john mcafee paying for viruses rewarded virus
writers, other av vendors hiring them also rewards them...

[snip]
> Vxers can't really be described simply Kurt, it's not black and white.

no part of my argument has been based on vx'ers being easy to describe,
or being described at all for that matter...

you don't hire ex-arsonists to be firemen, you don't hire
ex-bank-robbers to be bank managers, and you don't hire ex-virus-writers
to work on anti-virus products... it's not about whether they're really
reformed or not, it's about perception and trust...

--
"it's not the right time to be sober
now the idiots have taken over