From: kurt wismer on
Dustin Cook wrote:
> kurt wismer <kurtw(a)sympatico.ca> wrote in news:eps0gd$rdc$1(a)aioe.org:
>> David H. Lipman wrote:
[snip]
>> a claim was made, it's accuracy is in question, the burden of proof
>> lies with the claimant...
>
> Some of the proof you seek has already been made available to you.

no, actually, it hasn't...

> I'm
> afraid in this case, I would be with David. You can either accept the
> post David made, or not. Dropping names doesn't help anyone, and isn't
> worth proving someone right/wrong on usenet.

dropping names may not help anyone, but the claim that has been made
hurts the entire industry and hurts consumers... it feeds a rumor that
has no right to be unless it's true... do you think people will continue
to be as rational in their av decisions as they currently are if they
start believing rumors of such funny business behind the scenes in the
av industry? that's not to say that they are perfectly rational, of
course, but such rumors will almost certainly exacerbate their
irrationality...

since this isn't something that can be disproved, since you can't prove
a negative, the only way to fight the rumor is to challenge it... if the
rumor is true then it should be provable... if no one is willing to
prove it then that should count for something at least...

>>> The conspiracy is the misperception that the anti virus industry
>>> creates the malware to prop up the industry and keep themselves in
>>> business. They ignore the realities such as organized crime being a
>>> major source.
>> yeah, so about that burden...
>
> No burden. You either believe it or you don't. As I said, as 4Q continues
> to tell you, vx.netlux.org is your friend. If you still need to know
> things aside from names, then ask.

i considered responding to 4q but decided it would probably qualify as
feeding trolls... since you brought it up to i will say it here -
pointing to a domain does not satisfy the burden of proof in any way...
point to a *document* or don't waste my time, it's not my job to sift
through an entire domain looking for someone else's alleged proof...

--
"it's not the right time to be sober
now the idiots have taken over
From: 4Q on
kurt wismer wrote:
> Dustin Cook wrote:
> > kurt wismer <kurtw(a)sympatico.ca> wrote in news:eps0gd$rdc$1(a)aioe.org:
> >> David H. Lipman wrote:
> [snip]

<snip>

You can either accept the
> > post David made, or not. Dropping names doesn't help anyone, and isn't
> > worth proving someone right/wrong on usenet.
>
> dropping names may not help anyone, but the claim that has been made
> hurts the entire industry and hurts consumers... it feeds a rumor that
> has no right to be unless it's true... do you think people will continue
> to be as rational in their av decisions as they currently are if they
> start believing rumors of such funny business behind the scenes in the
> av industry? that's not to say that they are perfectly rational, of
> course, but such rumors will almost certainly exacerbate their
> irrationality...
>
> since this isn't something that can be disproved, since you can't prove
> a negative, the only way to fight the rumor is to challenge it... if the
> rumor is true then it should be provable... if no one is willing to
> prove it then that should count for something at least...

> >> yeah, so about that burden...

> > No burden. You either believe it or you don't. As I said, as 4Q continues
> > to tell you, vx.netlux.org is your friend. If you still need to know
> > things aside from names, then ask.
>
> i considered responding to 4q but decided it would probably qualify as
> feeding trolls... since you brought it up to i will say it here -
> pointing to a domain does not satisfy the burden of proof in any way...
> point to a *document* or don't waste my time, it's not my job to sift
> through an entire domain looking for someone else's alleged proof...

*HAHA*
Some expert you are! Haven't even read the VX zines for the background
in his AV quest. Live in blissful ignorance you half-expert.

4Q

From: Rhonda Lea Kirk on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Abagnale

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk

Happiness limits the amount of suffering one is
willing to inflict on others. Ph�dre n� Delaunay

From: 4Q on
Dustin Cook wrote:
> "4Q" <paul_zest(a)hushmail.com> wrote in

<snip>

> > A man of your word, aye ;]]
> > No photo. Did you send Laura
> > your photo or can she assume your
> > words are worthless?
>
> A photo is forthcoming 4Q, and yes, I give you permission to host it
> unmodified if you'd like.

Stop gas-bagging about sending it and
send it. I've been looking forward to
a good laugh... I started to suspect
you hadn't found a picture off
uglymugs.com or trailerpark trash
and that was the delay.

<snip>

> 4Q, can't you find something more recent? eheh... Sheesh.

I'm sure it will be posted to ACVSC
now that a flag has been raised ;]]

> The last one is especially silly, man..
>
> Date: 1997/07/23
> Newsgroups: alt.comp.virus.source.code
>

> I forgot to include the critical error handler which rustybug needs
> Its an .obj file, linked in during compile.
>
> It's assembler... Are you going to make fun of my sloppy almost 10 year
> old assembler routines too? *grin*

Are you sure the original author
(Charon Software) of this code is going to mind you taking credit for
writing it,,, Mr Coderipper?

Anyone wanting to look inside this
snippet can boot up something like
Knoppix and run uudecode... then use
a Hexedit to see if 'Charon Sofware'
minds our BugHuckster Raidy taking
credit for their work ;]]

4Q (The AV turncoat's official biographer)

http://fourq.host.sk/chars/Dustin_Cook/
http://fourq.host.sk/chars/Raid/

updated!

From: owowa.zeppelin on
On Feb 18, 11:26 pm, "4Q" <paul_z...(a)hushmail.com> wrote:
> Dustin Cook wrote:
> > "4Q" <paul_z...(a)hushmail.com> wrote in
>
> <snip>
>

> > > A man of your word, aye ;]]
> > > No photo. Did you send Laura
> > > your photo or can she assume your
> > > words are worthless?
>
> > A photo is forthcoming 4Q, and yes, I give you permission to host it
> > unmodified if you'd like.
>
> Stop gas-bagging about sending it and
> send it. I've been looking forward to
> a good laugh... I started to suspect
> you hadn't found a picture off
> uglymugs.com or trailerpark trash
> and that was the delay.
>
> <snip>
>

> > 4Q, can't you find something more recent? eheh... Sheesh.
>
> I'm sure it will be posted to ACVSC
> now that a flag has been raised ;]]
>

> > The last one is especially silly, man..
>
> > Date: 1997/07/23
> > Newsgroups: alt.comp.virus.source.code
>
> > I forgot to include the critical error handler which rustybug needs
> > Its an .obj file, linked in during compile.
>
> > It's assembler... Are you going to make fun of my sloppy almost 10 year
> > old assembler routines too? *grin*
>
> Are you sure the original author
> (Charon Software) of this code is going to mind you taking credit for
> writing it,,, MrCoderipper?
>
> Anyone wanting to look inside this
> snippet can boot up something like
> Knoppix and run uudecode... then use
> a Hexedit to see if 'Charon Sofware'
> minds our BugHuckster Raidy taking
> credit for their work ;]]
>
> 4Q (The AV turncoat's official biographer)
>
> http://fourq.host.sk/chars/Dustin_Cook/http://fourq.host.sk/chars/Raid/
>
> updated!

Now I am cornfused! I thought Dustin was all over pcbutts like a
cheap suit over using intellectual property of another individual.
Are you suggesting pcbutts *IS* Dustin?

What a star lippy-man has hitched his wagon (the one he is draggin?)
to...

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: RMD sarcaxxo