From: Duncan Harvey on
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:
>
> > ><http://www.ursaminorbeta.co.uk/w2.jpg>
> > ><http://www.ursaminorbeta.co.uk/w3.jpg>
> > ><http://www.ursaminorbeta.co.uk/w4.jpg>
> > ><http://www.ursaminorbeta.co.uk/w5.jpg>

Crikey.

> > Looks like you lean to the peaty side slightly, eh?
>
> A wee bit, yes. Extreme whisky.

What do you think of Lagavulin (16y.o.)?

--
Duncan Harvey
From: macfizz@gmail.com on

Gareth Slee wrote:
> I've always had Apple users down as intelligent and slightly eccentric.
> All my experiences here confirm those suspicions :-)
>
> Got me thinking about what the preferred tipple would be for a crowd
> like that?

While I'll drink most things containing ethanol, my absolute favourite
(and one I can't indulge in any more, having recently become diabetic
:-( ) is Bottle Green Lemon Grass and Ginger cordial in sparkling water
and a stack of ice cubes.

macfizz.

From: Jim on
Duncan Harvey <usenet-2006-04(a)abbrvtd.org.uk> wrote:

> Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

> Crikey.
>
> > > Looks like you lean to the peaty side slightly, eh?
> >
> > A wee bit, yes. Extreme whisky.
>
> What do you think of Lagavulin (16y.o.)?

Haven't had Lagavulin for a while as the price got hiked up about 5
years ago when they found they didn't have sufficient stocks of the 16
to maintain supply. I remember it as being _very_ phenolic, even more so
than Laphroaig.

I loved it.

I hear good things about the 12 CS so I'm going to have to get a bottle
of that.

Jim
--
Find me at : http://www.ursaminorbeta.co.uk
AIM/iChatAV: JCAndrew2
From: Steve Hodgson on
On 2006-08-19 16:24:34 +0100, gax.slee(a)ntlworld.com (Gareth Slee) said:

> I've always had Apple users down as intelligent and slightly eccentric.
> All my experiences here confirm those suspicions :-)
>
> Got me thinking about what the preferred tipple would be for a crowd
> like that?
> I'll start the ball rolling.
>
> Mine's Gin...

Malt whisky...

Preferably 17 year old Ardbeg (almost impossible to find now) or 18
year old Highland Park.

Red wine.
--
Cheers,

Steve

The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 18:07:49 +0100, black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com (Jon B)
wrote:
>Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 16:29:06 +0100, jim(a)magrathea.plus.com (Jim)
>> wrote:
>>
>> Looks like you lean to the peaty side slightly, eh?
>>
>> I'm obviously going to need to take photos.. I've whittled my cellar
>> is down to 19 bockles, but I've got two waiting for delivery from
> ^^^^^^^
>
>Looks like you are working the way down to 18 ;)

(peers at the Balvenie Doublewood sat by the monitor)

Could be, could be...

Cheers - J
one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all
progress depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Prev: pipUnixDomain
Next: Xserve: fans speeds?