From: Mr. Strat on
In article <MPG.25eee8cf5471cc2598c230(a)news.supernews.com>, Alfred
Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> Current 4/3 cameras have 12MP and the 4.6MP of the Foveon should be on
> the same level of a 7MP Bayer sensor camera, but not more than that. If
> Foveon brought out a 10MP model they would be competitive.

The bottom line is that Foveon is just crappy technology...unless
you're fond of Homer Simpson skin tones.
From: Pete Stavrakoglou on
"Mr. Strat" <rag(a)nospam.techline.com> wrote in message
> In article <MPG.25eee8cf5471cc2598c230(a)news.supernews.com>, Alfred
> Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Current 4/3 cameras have 12MP and the 4.6MP of the Foveon should be on
>> the same level of a 7MP Bayer sensor camera, but not more than that. If
>> Foveon brought out a 10MP model they would be competitive.
>
> The bottom line is that Foveon is just crappy technology...unless
> you're fond of Homer Simpson skin tones.

Randall, Randall, Randall that's old news that just doesn't apply anymore.
The SD14, DP1, DP2 all produce fine skintones. I oughta know, I use an
SD14.

From: nospam on
In article <hm3knu$phe$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Pete Stavrakoglou
<ntotrr(a)optonline.net> wrote:

> > The bottom line is that Foveon is just crappy technology...unless
> > you're fond of Homer Simpson skin tones.
>
> Randall, Randall, Randall that's old news that just doesn't apply anymore.
> The SD14, DP1, DP2 all produce fine skintones. I oughta know, I use an
> SD14.

if you don't mind yellow or green, and i thought you had an olympus
these days.
From: Pete Stavrakoglou on
"nospam" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> In article <hm3knu$phe$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Pete Stavrakoglou
> <ntotrr(a)optonline.net> wrote:
>
>> > The bottom line is that Foveon is just crappy technology...unless
>> > you're fond of Homer Simpson skin tones.
>>
>> Randall, Randall, Randall that's old news that just doesn't apply
>> anymore.
>> The SD14, DP1, DP2 all produce fine skintones. I oughta know, I use an
>> SD14.
>
> if you don't mind yellow or green, and i thought you had an olympus
> these days.

I've got too many these days. I have the SD14 (have always used Sigma
before others, including the SD9). I also have an Olympus E-510 and my wife
bought me a Canon 7D for my 50th. Now that's a nice camera.

From: Rich on
On Feb 24, 9:57 am, "Mr. Strat" <r...(a)nospam.techline.com> wrote:
> In article <MPG.25eee8cf5471cc2598c...(a)news.supernews.com>, Alfred
>
> Molon <alfred_mo...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Current 4/3 cameras have 12MP and the 4.6MP of the Foveon should be on
> > the same level of a 7MP Bayer sensor camera, but not more than that. If
> > Foveon brought out a 10MP model they would be competitive.
>
> The bottom line is that Foveon is just crappy technology...unless
> you're fond of Homer Simpson skin tones.

That, and the colour seems to fade the higher up in ISO you go.