From: Ray Fischer on
Pete Stavrakoglou <ntotrr(a)optonline.net> wrote:
>"Mr. Strat" <rag(a)nospam.techline.com> wrote in message
>> Alfred Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Current 4/3 cameras have 12MP and the 4.6MP of the Foveon should be on
>>> the same level of a 7MP Bayer sensor camera, but not more than that. If
>>> Foveon brought out a 10MP model they would be competitive.
>>
>> The bottom line is that Foveon is just crappy technology...unless
>> you're fond of Homer Simpson skin tones.
>
>Randall, Randall, Randall that's old news that just doesn't apply anymore.
>The SD14, DP1, DP2 all produce fine skintones. I oughta know, I use an
>SD14.

Besides, the problem with Sigma cameras isn't the sensor. It's
everything else. Their cameras are really kind of crappy and do not
stand up against similarly-priced models from Nikon and Canon.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: nospam on
In article <4b860fa5$0$1663$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>, Ray Fischer
<rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote:

> Besides, the problem with Sigma cameras isn't the sensor.

that's one of the problems.

> It's everything else.

that's the rest of the problems.

> Their cameras are really kind of crappy and do not
> stand up against similarly-priced models from Nikon and Canon.

they don't stand up to *any* models from nikon or canon, regardless of
price.

let's not forget that the sd14 initially sold for $1599 (msrp is $2000,
seriously), and the camera is basically equivalent to a nikon d50, a
camera that sold for about $500-600 before being discontinued.
From: Alfred Molon on
In article <240220101647526375%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>,
nospam(a)nospam.invalid says...

> except that bayer isn't standing still.

Sure, but it just captures one colour component per pixel.
--

Alfred Molon
In article <MPG.25f04089ef3f860498c231(a)news.supernews.com>, Alfred
Molon <alfred_molon(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > except that bayer isn't standing still.
>
> Sure, but it just captures one colour component per pixel.

and with 5 times as many pixels, it's ahead of the game.
From: Pete Stavrakoglou on
"nospam" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> In article <hm3o8h$qfi$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Pete Stavrakoglou
> <ntotrr(a)optonline.net> wrote:
>
>> I've got too many these days. I have the SD14 (have always used Sigma
>> before others, including the SD9). I also have an Olympus E-510 and my
>> wife
>> bought me a Canon 7D for my 50th. Now that's a nice camera.
>
> that's a nice wife.

Yes she is! She puts up with me.