From: Ray Fischer on
whisky-dave <whisky-dave(a)final.front.ear> wrote:
>"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> You are a nazi cockroach that belongs in jail along with all the rest
>> of the nazi scum that fail to respect human rights.
>
>and again, and again,......

If he had brains he wouldn't need to steal.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Russ D on
On Wed, 12 May 2010 14:11:15 +0100, "whisky-dave"
<whisky-dave(a)final.front.ear> wrote:

>"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On 10 mei, 14:37, "whisky-dave" <whisky-d...(a)final.front.ear> wrote:
>>> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> You aren't allowed to keep library books unless you are a thief.
>>> Most people return them.
>>
>> That's besides the point.
>No it's not, libraries should only be used by those people that are willing
>to return the books they borrow. Otherwise if librarys lent to peolpe like
>you they'd soon have no books left.

That's a particularly bad analogy. You didn't quite think it through, did
you.

What's so wonderful about the internet library is that you can borrow a
book and never return it. The original book still remains for anyone to
borrow and they also never have to return it. There is no loss of anyone's
books by borrowing them indefinitely if they are digital.

From: Peter on

> You can read books for free at the library. You need a paid form of
> membership to borrow books.

True

> Where I live, it's legal to go to the library and bring a digital
> camera and make a copy from
> books for personal use. So that's exactly the same as downloading an
> ebook online.
> Both are legal, but I sympathize with you guys who live in a fascist
> police state where people
> are not allowed to access information freely.

Personal use only. Not to share. Assuming you do live in the Netherlands the
law expressly prohibits sharing without paying the publisher a fee. Please
stop trolling.

http://www.copyright.com/viewPage.do?pageCode=s41

--
Peter

From: sobriquet on
On 12 mei, 22:16, "Peter" <peter...(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > You can read books for free at the library. You need a paid form of
> > membership to borrow books.
>
> True
>
> > Where I live, it's legal to go to the library and bring a digital
> > camera and make a copy from
> > books for personal use. So that's exactly the same as downloading an
> > ebook online.
> > Both are legal, but I sympathize with you guys who live in a fascist
> > police state where people
> > are not allowed to access information freely.
>
> Personal use only. Not to share. Assuming you do live in the Netherlands the
> law expressly prohibits sharing without paying the publisher a fee. Please
> stop trolling.
>
> http://www.copyright.com/viewPage.do?pageCode=s41
>
> --
> Peter

True. Not to share. But I do it anyway since copyright laws primarily
serve corporations
and corporations more or less own the government, so they have been
able to manipulate
the situation to suit their interests.
Hence, I share information freely without respecting spurious
intellectual property claims.
This makes me someone with a blatant disrespect for copyright laws and
I freely acknowledge
this to anyone who points this out. However, when people call me a
thief for doing so (which is a form of demonization, given that, at no
point during copyright infringement is anything being taken away from
anyone), I respond by demonizing them in turn by calling them a nazi.
I have a very strong conviction that the UDHR grants me the right to
share information freely, just like the UDHR grants me the freedom to
pursue a lifestyle of my preference, provided I don't infringe upon
the freedom of others, even if that involves growing cannabis at home
if those happen to be my favorite flowers.
The UDHR is intended to protect the interests of individual citizens
like me, when the government fails to do so, because they primarily
act to serve the interests of corporations. It was invented after the
nazi scum in former Nazi Germany set a particularly nasty example of
what can happen when the government blatantly disrespects human
rights.

From: Ray Fischer on
sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 12 mei, 22:16, "Peter" <peter...(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > You can read books for free at the library. You need a paid form of
>> > membership to borrow books.
>>
>> True
>>
>> > Where I live, it's legal to go to the library and bring a digital
>> > camera and make a copy from
>> > books for personal use. So that's exactly the same as downloading an
>> > ebook online.
>> > Both are legal, but I sympathize with you guys who live in a fascist
>> > police state where people
>> > are not allowed to access information freely.
>>
>> Personal use only. Not to share. Assuming you do live in the Netherlands the
>> law expressly prohibits sharing without paying the publisher a fee. Please
>> stop trolling.
>>
>> http://www.copyright.com/viewPage.do?pageCode=s41
>
>True. Not to share. But I do it anyway since copyright laws primarily
>serve corporations

And because you're a thief.

--
Ray Fischer