From: sobriquet on
On 4 mei, 01:36, tony cooper <tony_cooper...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 May 2010 02:42:57 -0700 (PDT), sobriquet
>

> <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> It is your thinking, not your punctuation, that is wrong.  That, and
> >> the fact that you are obnoxious.
>
> >If people try to expose my supposed flawed thinking by means of
> >arguments in a civilized
> >manner, I usually respond in a civilized manner and try to have a
> >discussion based on
> >arguments.
> >If people try to demonize my position in the debate instead, by
> >falsely
> >accusing me of theft, I will demonize them in return by accusing them
> >of fascism.
>
> >I don't see why I should put up with people who disrespect my outlook
> >on things and expect
> >me to respect their outlook on things.
>
> >So if people try to impose their view on me in an obnoxious fashion, I
> >will respond in an obnoxious fashion, because I'm not in favor of the
> >idea of turning the other cheek when people hit you in the face.
>
> As a Netherlander, you should be more aware of what "Nazi" means.
> That is not a term that should be used in a minor spat like this.
>
> --
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Intellectual property is hardly a minor spat.
My life revolves around information and I'm very passionate about the
subject and I have
a radical personal opinion on individual freedom and responsibility.

I have thought a great deal about fascism and how it's possible that a
government can spiral out of control to the point where they start
exterminating minorities on an industrial scale.
It's like the ultimate example of what can happen if people accept
human rights violations by a government that is supposed to protect
and guarantee human rights.

It has everything to do with a submissive attitude towards authority
amongst the general population and each and every one of us, myself
included, has a natural disposition towards fascism and xenophobia
that can only be overcome by a deliberate effort to transcend these
propensities by striving towards emancipation and awareness.
Hence I think that the customary brainwash propaganda they try to
impose on children in school is a far cry from the ideal situation
where kids are thought to think for themselves and question authority.

I speak and think for myself and I can only encourage other people to
question everything I say and make up their own mind. But I am
prepared to die for my right to express my opinion, so it's not like
it's a kind of past-time leisure activity for me to enjoy freedom of
expression.

We live in a society with people who suffer from religious delusions
and feel they have the right to stick a knife in the chest of anyone
who insults their imaginary prophet.

We live in a society that condones alcohol while condemning cannabis,
despite the fact that alcohol abuse claims thousands of lethal victims
annually, while cannabis has never killed anyone.

These examples serve to show that we have a long way to go before we
can say we have a government that is neutral and transparent, which
guarantees, rather than violates, human rights. The only reason we
have a government after all, is to prevent people who happen to be in
power, to arbitrarily impose their will upon people in subordinate
positions.
From: tony cooper on
On Mon, 3 May 2010 17:22:44 -0700 (PDT), sobriquet
<dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>On 4 mei, 01:36, tony cooper <tony_cooper...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>> >If people try to expose my supposed flawed thinking by means of
>> >arguments in a civilized
>> >manner, I usually respond in a civilized manner and try to have a
>> >discussion based on
>> >arguments.
>> >If people try to demonize my position in the debate instead, by
>> >falsely
>> >accusing me of theft, I will demonize them in return by accusing them
>> >of fascism.
>>
>> >I don't see why I should put up with people who disrespect my outlook
>> >on things and expect
>> >me to respect their outlook on things.
>>
>> >So if people try to impose their view on me in an obnoxious fashion, I
>> >will respond in an obnoxious fashion, because I'm not in favor of the
>> >idea of turning the other cheek when people hit you in the face.
>>
>> As a Netherlander, you should be more aware of what "Nazi" means.
>> That is not a term that should be used in a minor spat like this.
>>
>> --
>> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
>
>Intellectual property is hardly a minor spat.

It is here. You are partially responsible for making it a very minor
spat. When you started dealing with counter-arguments with
name-calling of the vilest kind, you brought it down to the minor spat
level. No one takes you seriously after that.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: sobriquet on
On 4 mei, 03:28, tony cooper <tony_cooper...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 May 2010 17:22:44 -0700 (PDT), sobriquet
>

> <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On 4 mei, 01:36, tony cooper <tony_cooper...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> >> As a Netherlander, you should be more aware of what "Nazi" means.
> >> That is not a term that should be used in a minor spat like this.
>
> >> --
> >> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
>
> >Intellectual property is hardly a minor spat.
>
> It is here.  You are partially responsible for making it a very minor
> spat.  When you started dealing with counter-arguments with
> name-calling of the vilest kind, you brought it down to the minor spat
> level.  No one takes you seriously after that.
>
> --
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

If intellectual property is a minor spat, then there is no reason to
accuse
people of theft, if they don't go along with the idea that people can
own
information as if there is no difference between a bitstring and a
physical
commodity.

You might think it's vile to call someone a nazi, but likewise, I
might think
it's vile to call someone a thief without sodid ground for making such
accusations.
You might as well start accusing people of being pedophiles if they
don't respect
the contended intellectual property claims.

Besides, I'm using the word nazi whenever I see fit, just like someone
like Zappa
(one of my favorite musicians) might talk about nazi's in
a song entitled 'plastic people'.

http://www.lyricstime.com/frank-zappa-plastic-people-lyrics.html

Take a day
And walk around
Watch the nazis
Run your town
Then go home
And check yourself
You think we're singing
'Bout someone else . . . but you're

Plastic people!
(Woooooooooooooooooooh!)
Oh baby, now . . .
You're such a drag
From: Ray Fischer on
sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 4 mei, 01:36, tony cooper <tony_cooper...(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>> >If people try to expose my supposed flawed thinking by means of
>> >arguments in a civilized
>> >manner, I usually respond in a civilized manner and try to have a
>> >discussion based on
>> >arguments.
>> >If people try to demonize my position in the debate instead, by
>> >falsely
>> >accusing me of theft, I will demonize them in return by accusing them
>> >of fascism.
>>
>> >I don't see why I should put up with people who disrespect my outlook
>> >on things and expect
>> >me to respect their outlook on things.
>>
>> >So if people try to impose their view on me in an obnoxious fashion, I
>> >will respond in an obnoxious fashion, because I'm not in favor of the
>> >idea of turning the other cheek when people hit you in the face.
>>
>> As a Netherlander, you should be more aware of what "Nazi" means.
>> That is not a term that should be used in a minor spat like this.
>
>Intellectual property is hardly a minor spat.

You don't believe in intellewtual property. Indeed you don't believe
in private property at all.

>My life revolves around information and I'm very passionate about the
>subject

You're a loser who depends upon stealing other people's work.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
sobriquet <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>You might think it's vile to call someone a nazi, but likewise, I
>might think
>it's vile to call someone a thief without sodid ground for making such
>accusations.

You've admitted to it, crook. That you insist that you have the RIGHT
to steal other people's work makes you not one bit less of a thief.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net