From: Gerry Peters on
On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:03:42 -0800, "Michael" <muirhead(a)haidagwaii.net>
wrote:

>Correct. MP10 works just fine here with 24bit wavs - it'll even convert
>the things on the fly if you use 16bit audio hardware.

I wonder what's different about your system as compared to Max. He
says even WMP 11 won't play his 24 bit wavs. Did you have to change
any settings or are you using defaults? Now this is turning into a
mystery. If WMP 10 works with 24 bit waves, certainly WMP 11 would. If
I were Max, I'd try WMP 10 as a test.

Gerry Peters
From: Michael on
Gerry Peters wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:03:42 -0800, "Michael" <muirhead(a)haidagwaii.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Correct. MP10 works just fine here with 24bit wavs - it'll even convert
>> the things on the fly if you use 16bit audio hardware.
>
> I wonder what's different about your system as compared to Max. He
> says even WMP 11 won't play his 24 bit wavs. Did you have to change
> any settings or are you using defaults?

Only settings I've changed are those to do with DRM and other info services.

There is something, though: I installed a nice codec pack that I found
online about 3.5 years ago, because it came included with Media Player
Classic. Think maybe one of *those* is giving me 24-bit support?

From: Max Arwood on
Yep I bet that's it! You don't still have the zip of the codec do you?
Max Arwood

From: Steve Karl on
Or a URL or name?

From: Sue Morton on
Max, download this free utility http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ it will
look at audio and video files and tell you 1) what codecs are required and
2) whether you have them (or an acceptable substitute) on your system. See
what GSpot has to say about your 24-bit file?
--
Sue Morton

>I read somthing a long time ago about this, but I still can not figure this
>out. I have Googled 24bit/codec bla bla bla and still can not figure how
>to make these play. I even read that Windows Media Player could play 32bit
>files. Could anyone give me links to the proper codec and tell me how to
>install them?
>
> Max Arwood

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13