From: Steve Karl on
Tweak WinAmp startup settings in msconfig or if it's tougher than that use
autoruns.exe which will contain (almost) anything.

Steve

From: Gary R. Hook on
Max Arwood wrote:
> Well I have exhausted everything I know on 24bit for WMP. I have found that
> I like winamp pretty good, just don't like it loaded in tool bar or memory.

You can turn off Winamp's system tray icon. But I'm pretty sure it
doesn't run all the time, like QuickTime Player. Only when you fire it
up.

--
Gary R. Hook
Vocatus atque non vocatus deus aderit
From: kitekrazy on
polymod wrote:
> "Sue Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> wrote in message
>> I've never used WinAmp so I don't know how that one compares.
>
> I've said it above, and I'll say it again.
> I've been using Winamp for years. It opens ALL my 24 bit files.
>
> There....I said it again<g>
>
> Poly

One more time.....

I agree with you there.
From: Nil on
On 07 Mar 2007, "Gary R. Hook" <obfuscate(a)nospam.net> wrote in
cakewalk.audio:

> But I'm pretty sure it doesn't run all the time, like QuickTime
> Player.

It definitely does NOT. Unless, maybe, you tell it to.

From: Max Arwood on
Do these codecs effect the sound quality of the audio output of the sound
card? Would Sonar be using these if they were installed? Would I even want
to put these in a DAW?
Thanks again,
Max Arwood

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last