From: Thomas on
It's driving me nuts...551 not our customer. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook.general/551-not-our-customer-when-forwarding-mail-outlook
From: Gary on
My original problem...

"Same problem here. Started yesterday, 4/19/10. Newly created e-mail go out but not fwd or reply. Is it an Outlook or ISP issue? Happens with both Outlook XP on an XP machime and Outlook 07 on a Vista machine. I use BellSouth, i.e. AT&T DSL."

... has now gotten worse not better. No outgoing mail what so ever. No fwd, no reply, not even new msgs. Comes back immediately with 551 not our customer. Unless of course I send a msg to another bellsouth.net address. Dead give-a-away as to where the problem lies.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook.general/551-not-our-customer-when-forwarding-mail-outlook
From: N. Miller on
On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 07:32:05 -0800, MLV0764 wrote:

> I get returned mail with the error "551 not our customer" when trying to
> forward mail. I can send new mail to the same contacts with no problem.

The commonality in this thread seems to be former Bellsouth customers. I
wonder if this forum thread will help?

<http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23833442-Services-Unable-to-send-email-via-mailbellsouthnet>

FWIW, I am a former SBC customer who did migrate to the "SBC Yahoo! DSL
Service", now called, "at&t Yahoo! HSI", back in December, 2002, when it was
first rolled out. At the present, AT&T seems content to not apply much
effort to running their email service, or to bird dogging Yahoo! about
problems with their email service. I suspect that they believe email service
to be a net cost, no profit service. Probably time to either switch
providers (if you think a competitive provider in your area is better with
email; but most ISPs are not), or find an alternative email service provider
(which has the advantage of not tying you to one ISP).

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
From: ddpinto2693 on
I am having this problem on 3 different email accounts, only one of them is
bellsouth.net. I saw a previous note that this was not an Outlook problem. I
do not believe that. One email provider suggestedt his was a conflict
between a recent OS security patch and Outlook 2007.

From: ddpinto2693 on
Update to my recent post. AFter pondering this, I now realize the
mail.bellsouth.net ismy outgoing mail server for all 3 accounts. Later in
this thread, I did see someone who contacted ATT/Bellsouth and got a 'we are
doing some maintenance. check it later to see if it resolves itself'
response. That sure looks like a 'we screwed up and we are fixing it' answer.

DDP

"Robin" wrote:

> Are you all using BELLSOUTH.NET ????????
>
> "Robin" wrote:
>
> > I'm having a simular issue.
> > outlook 2002 will not allow me to send mail get error message 551 not our
> > customer
> > I am able to receive all e-mails from other hosts but I am not able to reply
> > or send new mail if they do not have the same e-mail provider.
> >
> > Can I get help!!
> >
> > "MLV0764" wrote:
> >
> > > I get returned mail with the error "551 not our customer" when trying to
> > > forward mail. I can send new mail to the same contacts with no problem.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: Outloo template and signature
Next: hyperlinks