From: bobbiestaten on
It is a Bell South error. When they changed to Att some customers still had
bell south and some had att pop addresses. Their latest update last night
crunched things. Change your email settings to: Pop server in =
Pop.att.yahoo.com out= SMTP.att.yahoo.com Also uncheck lon on using
secure server if it was checked. On advanced tab change in and out port
numbers in= 995 out=465 Hope this helps. Call them at 8883212375 if this
doesn't fix it

From: Carmel on
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 08:08:01 -0800
bobbiestaten <bobbiestaten(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
articulated:

> It is a Bell South error. When they changed to Att some customers
> still had bell south and some had att pop addresses. Their latest
> update last night crunched things. Change your email settings to:
> Pop server in = Pop.att.yahoo.com out= SMTP.att.yahoo.com Also
> uncheck lon on using secure server if it was checked. On advanced
> tab change in and out port numbers in= 995 out=465 Hope this
> helps. Call them at 8883212375 if this doesn't fix it

Actually, both port 25 & 587 work equally as well.

$ telnet smtp.att.yahoo.com 25
Trying 66.196.96.87...
Connected to smtp.sbc.mail.fy4.b.yahoo.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 smtp102.sbc.mail.re3.yahoo.com ESMTP
^]
telnet> quit
Connection closed.

$ telnet smtp.att.yahoo.com 587
Trying 76.13.12.104...
Connected to smtp.sbc.mail.fy4.b.yahoo.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 smtp103.sbc.mail.ac4.yahoo.com ESMTP
^]
telnet> quit

Both are preferable over 465 which was never a standard and is
virtually unsupported. It is only kept on life support for users of
depreciated versions of Outlook. There is one caveat; port 25 may be
blocked by your ISP. If so, use 587 instead.

In addition, I was able to connect via port 110 for POP service;
however, port 995 failed. I am not sure why yet.

$ telnet pop.att.yahoo.com 110
Trying 68.142.229.14...
Connected to pop-sbc.mail.fy4.b.yahoo.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK hello from popgate 2.45 on pop115.sbc.mail.re2.yahoo.com
capa
+OK CAPA list follows
EXPIRE NEVER
IMPLEMENTATION popgate 2.45
PIPELINING
RESP-CODES
TOP
UIDL
USER
..
quit
Connection closed by foreign host.

$ telnet pop.att.yahoo.com 995

|===========
|===========

From: rmbru2k on
ATT TECH SUPPORT UPDATE FEB. 21, 2010

I am a Bellsouth client. I contacted tech support. They said that the issue
is new within the past 24 hours. They are aware of the issue and are working
on it. It is my understanding and theirs that clients can recieve incoming
mail, but cannot send to numerous email provider accounts, "551 not our
customer."

Tech Spt said to please be patient as they are addressing the issues, but to
give them 72 hours to fix the problem. Tech Spt said that if you do not see
the problem is resolved after 72 hours to call and inform them of such. The
number to ATT tech support is (888) 321-2375, option tech support or DSL.

They are not requesting payments to fix the problem. If somebody requires a
payment, DO NOT PAY. Inform them that it is an ATT issue and clients are not
being required to pay. You are paying customers and this is an issue on their
end.

My advice: Be patient. Don't lose your mind. Don't be disrespectful. It is
an inconvenience to many including myself. This stuff happens. They are
simply keeping up to date with the technological changes to provide the best
services to their clients and customers. Don't make any changes to your
accounts; just hang in there and use an alternate communication method until
the problem is fixed.

From: Robin on
Where do I do this??
I went to tools>options>mail set up>e-mail accounts...... Then what?

From: ladydi on

:)rmbru2k;126287 Wrote:
> ATT TECH SUPPORT UPDATE FEB. 21, 2010
>
> I am a Bellsouth client. I contacted tech support. They said that the
> issue
> is new within the past 24 hours. They are aware of the issue and are
> working
> on it. It is my understanding and theirs that clients can recieve
> incoming
> mail, but cannot send to numerous email provider accounts, "551 not
> our
> customer."
>
> Tech Spt said to please be patient as they are addressing the issues,
> but to
> give them 72 hours to fix the problem. Tech Spt said that if you do not
> see
> the problem is resolved after 72 hours to call and inform them of such.
> The
> number to ATT tech support is (888) 321-2375, option tech support or
> DSL.
>
> They are not requesting payments to fix the problem. If somebody
> requires a
> payment, DO NOT PAY. Inform them that it is an ATT issue and clients
> are not
> being required to pay. You are paying customers and this is an issue on
> their
> end.
>
> My advice: Be patient. Don't lose your mind. Don't be disrespectful. It
> is
> an inconvenience to many including myself. This stuff happens. They
> are
> simply keeping up to date with the technological changes to provide the
> best
> services to their clients and customers. Don't make any changes to
> your
> accounts; just hang in there and use an alternate communication method
> until
> the problem is fixed.
>
> "MLV0764" wrote:
>
> > I get returned mail with the error "551 not our customer" when trying
> > forward mail. I can send new mail to the same contacts with no
> problem.

I called their DSL support and a very patient AT&T lady (India) walked
me thru the re-registration and reformatting the account...it's now a
yahoo.POP3...so now all is back to normal. Had nothing to do with
Outlook. Whew. Of course, NOW I have hundreds of old read emails that
are showing as unread. Argh. Technology.

--
ladydi
http://forums.slipstick.com

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last