First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Overload of functions in a task stack
Hi, I have a function called Answer defined in several packages (each one is different according to the own package), and each function Answer is called by a permanent task every cycle. The issue is that when I compile some packages, the compiler bugs me informing "warning: declaration of "Answer" hides one at (..... 10 May 2010 14:18
Building GNAT
Is this an appropriate forum for discussing GNAT build problems? I am attempting to build a GNAT cross compiler targeting bare metal PowerPC platforms. After successfully getting past binutils, the first pass of GCC, and Newlib, I'm getting stuck on the final pass of GCC and GNAT. When linking gnatmake, the link... 3 May 2010 13:08
Ada Reddit back on-ine
There's still a problem with a number of the sub-reddits, which the admins say is going to take a week to fully resolve, but a little manual intervention from an admin brought the Ada reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/) back early. Marc A. Criley Moderator, Ada Sub-Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/ ... 3 May 2010 07:38
gnat-ajis-2009 jvm2ada missing packages?
In an attempt to reactivate the RAPID Java backend (http://svn.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/tags/rapid-3.01/jvm_peer/? root=rapid), I found that libre.adacore.com does not offer a download of JGNAT for Linux. The closest I could find is AJIS, and on taking "jvm2ada -jni" for a little spin I find the generated co... 3 May 2010 02:17
A generic image decoder - specification design
Here is already a tiny update: http://gen-img-dec.svn.sf.net/viewvc/gen-img-dec/gid.ads?view=markup&pathrev=2 I've discovered the possibility of an Inline pragma to a procedure listed in a generic formal part. At least GNAT and ObjectAda don't protest on that, so probably it makes some sense... G. ... 24 May 2010 17:54
Language Revision : "/" and "div"
Hi everybody, I wonder why Ada uses "/" to express the integer division and not "div". This leads to the fact that an expression like 4/3*6 that any decent calculator would evaluate as 8 is in Ada evaluated as 6 !!! That is a shame :-). Therefore, I propose the following, for a new revision of the language :... 4 May 2010 23:30
sub-reddit Ada
what happened with http://www.reddit.com/r/ada/ ? there doesn't seem to be anything there regards http://www.ihr.uni-stuttgart.de/forschung/ada/resources_on_ada/ ... 2 May 2010 10:55
On database interface libraries for Ada
A recent discussion on the AWS users' mailing list made me realize that there exist many, many different libraries for interfacing Ada programs to various database engines. I even learned about a couple that I was not yet aware of. I think it would be very nice to consolidate all the information available on all... 30 Apr 2010 09:28
Basic question about select
select PID.Call; --an entry call to task PID Status := P; then abort delay 10.0; Status := Q; end select; Is the above valid Ada code? It's been handed to me by someone, I don't really know much about Ada, and I'm supposed to understand what it does. I can't find any information on "ab... 29 Apr 2010 15:47
Missing libgthread-2.0-0.dll
The GNAT GPL 2009 4.3.1 runs perfect on my desktop computer with windows 7. Now I have installed the same GPL version on my laptop, also with windows 7. When the GPL is started a system error window is displayed with the text: "The program cannot be started because libgthread-2.0-0.dll is missing on your compute... 28 Apr 2010 11:42