First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
ANN: GtkAda Contributions v2.6
The software is a contribution to GtkAda, an Ada bindings to GTK+. It deals with the following issues: 1. Tasking support; 2. Custom models for tree view widget; 3. Custom cell renderers for tree view widget; 4. Multi-columned derived model; 5. Extension derived model (to add columns to an existing model); 6. ... 10 Apr 2010 11:16
Lock-free ParallelQueue version 1.1 ...
Hello all, My Lock-free ParallelQueue algorithm have been updated - my new algorithm avoids false sharing - , the new version have scored 17 millions of pop() transactions per second - the old score was 7 millions - on an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 There are three ways to reduce lock contention: 1- Red... 9 Apr 2010 16:43
ANN: Simple components for Ada v3.8
The current version provides implementations of smart pointers, sets, maps, directed graphs, directed weighted graphs, stacks, tables, string editing, unbounded arrays, expression analyzers, lock-free data structures, synchronization primitives (events, race condition free pulse events, arrays of events, reentrant ... 9 Apr 2010 15:36
GPS Compiler options
I'm relatively new to GPS. I'm trying to compile a program but every time I compile the program I observe that all units are compiled when I had expected that only the unit I had altered would be compiled again. What do I have to do to make this work. I alreday have tried all types of building of the program. ... 9 Apr 2010 17:50
Spark 9 & Ada 2005
Hi Everybody, This problem is intended to people who know Spark. I'm trying to compile the Spark_IO.adb file using -gnat05 option, but there is an error. The error is : spark_io.adb:196:42: (Ada 2005) cannot copy object of a limited type (RM-2005 6.5(5.5/2)) This is a restriction of Ada 2005, and I saw in ... 9 Apr 2010 12:15
Preliminary announcement: Ada-Belgium Spring 2010 Event
For the third year in a row, Ada-Belgium is organizing a Spring Event consisting of the annual General Assembly of the organization, a barbecue and a technical workshop. The event will take place in Leuven Belgium on Saturday 5 June (2010-06-05) (the location is subject to change depending on the ... 8 Apr 2010 10:54
global package scope designator?
In C++, a leading "::" before a reference to a namespace denotes the global namespace. There does not seem to be an equivalent for this in Ada. I now ran into a situation where I felt this to be a lack. Here is an example (the original problem involved packages nested three levels deep which I reduced here to ... 5 Apr 2010 05:02
Why is Ada considered "too specialized" for scientific use
On 4 Apr, 06:46, "Nasser M. Abbasi" <n...(a)12000.org> wrote: I was browsing the net for scientific software written in Ada, and came across this strange statement: http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/329/lectures/node7.html "Scientific programming languages What is the best high-level language to ... 25 Apr 2010 13:15
Build raw binary on Windows
I've been poring over megabytes of documentation until my eyes started bleeding, but I just cannot figure out how to tell GNAT to create a raw binary (no header) executable using GNAT hosted on Windows. I need to write code that runs on x86/x64 bare metal (no operating system). Any pointers would be greatly ap... 5 Apr 2010 11:36
Why is Ada considered "too specialized" for scientific use
I was browsing the net for scientific software written in Ada, and came across this strange statement: http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/329/lectures/node7.html "Scientific programming languages What is the best high-level language to use for scientific programming? This, unfortunately, is a highly con... 19 May 2010 11:32