First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
About the F-22 software bug
[Second attempt to post this message. Sorry if you reveived this multiple time, it seems this message never reached comp.lang.ada]. Just curious, does someone have information to share about this problem: << While attempting its first overseas deployment to the Kadena Air Base in Okinawa, Japan, ... 7 Feb 2010 05:24
Ada in Boeing 787
I have an engineer friend who is a long-time employee of Honeywell Flight Systems who claims that the Boeing 787 does not use Ada ("It's an old language"). My friend, as i recall, manages a project involving the airplane's entertainment system which he says uses C and C++ and not Ada. I don't doubt that his subsyst... 4 Feb 2010 15:41
Temporary variables
Recently, more and more WWW writers writing about programming seem to prefer the phrase "temporal variable" to "temporary variable", for exmple, in the Ada wikibook. I don't know English well, but I had thought (and have checked) that "temporal" is not the same as "temporary". It is either (a) "temporal", the ... 2 Feb 2010 14:43
Data structures for syntax trees
Hi, I am looking for advice on what kind of data structures to use for abstract syntax trees. At the moment, I want present JSON language as a tree: http://www.json.org/ The requirement is that the data structure works with GNAT GPL and Janus/Ada. So far, the Janus/Ada part has been giving me trouble. (With G... 2 Feb 2010 14:43
Copying rows in a two dimensional array.
This is something of a newbie question.. I'm working with a two dimensional array of floating point values. Lets call it A. The array has type type Matrix is array(Positive range <>, Positive range <>) of Floating_Type; I need to exchange two rows in this array. What I'd like to do is something along these l... 17 Feb 2010 00:02
A persistent Ada rumor (just to play the fool)
A persistent Ada rumor which was at least still there at the year of 2004 (I'm quoting) : I've also heard rumor that Ada is so complex that no single programmer fully understands it, and so the military uses it, but that smacks of Urban Legend to me... It's in the middle of this place : http://coding.de... 5 Feb 2010 12:47
GNAT 4.3.4 binaries for OpenBSD/amd64
Hi, I recently got amd64(x86_64) system and put OpenBSD there. There was no native GNAT for OpenBSD/amd64, so I had to create one by cross-compiling the compiler on i386. To spare others from the same operation, I made my gcc and gnat packages available at http://tkoskine.iki.fi/openbsd/amd64/index.html Th... 2 Feb 2010 14:43
Can Someone please help me with my Computer stuff? 05162
I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need I willo just go t... 27 Jan 2010 16:01
Constant as anonymous functions : the outer space beast is back
Hi, I'm back with the topic “ constant as anonymous functions ” ( I've opened last year, about 10 months ago if my mind is right ) with a new argument advocating for it : I have a simple design rule which state that I automatically add a “ pragma Elaborate_Body ” in the heading of a package specification, as soo... 8 Feb 2010 20:13
More of less most standard Ada binding to POSIX
Hi all out there, I was seeking for the most clean way to have something similar to the C execv in Ada. I believe this kind of method is not guaranteed to be available in some environment, this would not be welcome to expect it to be a standard Ada packages method. I could simply create a simple wrapper around... 26 Jan 2010 22:17