First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Trouble cutting loops with SPARK. Advice?
I'm attempting to use SPARK to prove a simple function is free of run time errors. Here is the (simplified) package specification: package Strings is Max_Line_Length : constant := 225; subtype Line_Index is Positive range 1 .. Max_Line_Length; subtype Line_Size_Type is Natural range 0 .. Max_Line_Leng... 7 Mar 2010 11:47
Reporting bugs (was: Timing code blocks)
Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote on comp.lang.ada: On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 00:33:54 -0800 (PST), Ludovic Brenta wrote: I was not aware of this bug; is there a PR in Bugzilla for it? As an active member of c.l.a. you should remember it discussed here several times in recent years. No, I should not remember it. Reme... 6 Mar 2010 03:10
Having a problem building with win32ada
Hi Guys Further to my message the other day, I've downloaded the GPL 2009 version of GNAT with the Win32Ada bindings and I'm trying to do something really simple at the moment, namely, get the number of input and output midi devices on my system through Win32.Mmsystem. The code I'm using is at the bottom of th... 10 Mar 2010 04:09
Timing code blocks
I've been trying to determine if there is any significant performance difference between two functionally equivalent pieces of code. I've done the standard thing and, using the Ada.Real_Time package, I'm saving the time when the code starts, then the time when the code ends, then examining the difference between th... 8 Mar 2010 07:28
Testing a package's internal details.
A situation has come up for me and I'm wondering what the "best" way is to handle it. Here are the particulars... I have a package that models a single abstract object. The specification declares the operations that are allowed on the object. I would like to write some test procedures that can be used to exercise... 5 Mar 2010 07:12
child packages and nested packages
Referring back to http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/msg/c14a79f7d21f5ebf , On Mar 29 2002, 2:05 pm, Oliver Kellogg wrote: Sergey Koshcheyev <serk...(a)hotmail.com> wrote: Just a quick idea - maybe using "is separate" in some right places would solve it? Like having the spec of A.B.Impl insid... 4 Mar 2010 12:18
GNAT GPL for LEGO Mindstorms NXT
Anyone had any experience with this? I've run into problems every step of the way :( Example 1: On install of the Mindstorms NXT Version of GNAT, GPS (which is evidently installed with GNAT) has this error right at startup: "Could not locate exec gnatls" Should be worth noting that I rebooted after install to... 4 Mar 2010 19:10
Thinking of using Ada for a job at home. Couple of questions first.
Gautier write-only <gautier_niouzes(a)hotmail.com> wrote: For MIDI, it could be worth having a look at this: http://www.huygens-fokker.org/scala/ Thanks for that suggestion, I'll check it out. ... 10 Mar 2010 16:25
Thinking of using Ada for a job at home. Couple of questionsfirst.
John McCabe wrote: The second question is related to the implementation of the System Exclusive messages. Basically this is part of the reason I thought Ada would be good for this task. The SysEx messages basically consist of a smallish header and a variety of different structures that are differenti... 4 Mar 2010 02:20
Thinking of using Ada for a job at home. Couple of questions first.
Guys I was hoping you'd be able to help me. Some of this I could probably find out by re-reading my books but I'm sure this is the sort of thing some of you guys are doing every day so could probably give a clearer answer. The other one, I just don't know and a search on Google was a bit useless. Basically I ... 10 Mar 2010 16:25