First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
Attribute denoting a subprogram : no named parameter associations allowed
Hello once again, ARM 4.1.4 use the word “ subprogram ” when talking about an attribute may denote. 9 An attribute_reference denotes a value, an object, a subprogram, or some other kind of program entity. ARM 6.4, which is about subprogram calls, says 7 A parameter_association is named or positional acc... 28 Oct 2009 15:06
Preferred way to do binray I/O on standard input/output stream
Hello boys and girls, There is no kind of binary mode vs text mode flags with Ada stream/ file IO, as it there are with C. And then, C files are not typed, while Ada files/streams are, thus, this will not make any sense to simply talk about binary I/O with Ada. So let simply talk about non- text I/O from and to ... 27 Oct 2009 12:30
text tools
Tried to compile one of the texttool examples. This is the furthest I got after having lots of trouble getting GNAT to find the sources. I have lots of errors that I don't understand. This is on Ubuntu 9.04 system w/ texttools installed via synaptic. What's up with this? gnatmake -P/home/rob/tt/texttools-2.0... 21 Oct 2009 04:53
GTKADA Installation Questions
Hi, I'm trying to work my way through the GTKADA tutorial examples and have some questions about the preferred installation of GNAT and GTKADA. I'm using Windows XP (sorry :o)), GNAT GPL 2009, GTKADA GPL 2.14.0 and GPS GPL 4.3.2. All of these from the Libre site. There was an interesting discussion back in Se... 11 Oct 2009 03:57
Performance of access type : a tiny mistake in the WikiBook ?
Hi folks, I was looking at the WikiBook, the section about access types. I do not know it is a tiny mistake or something I did not understood. http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Types/access In one place, it is said “ Depending on the implementation an access might also render better performance ... 9 Oct 2009 14:52
Barrier re-evaluation issue with GNAT 4.3.2
Hi, The test code below implements a simple alarm clock which should wakeup the task waiting on the "Wait_For_Wakeup" entry. With GNAT 4.3.2 on Debian/stable this does not work. The main task remains queued on the entry even though the Wakeup-handler is invoked correctly by the Timing_Event. Compiling the s... 10 Oct 2009 01:54
Newbie question: How to use gnat make
Hi, I am new to Ada, learning with the book "Programming in Ada 2005" from John Barnes. I want to build a program using the GNAT GPL compiler on the command line. If my program resides in a single file I just call gnat make myfun.adb, but how do I call the compiler if I want to use ("with") packages defined... 20 Sep 2009 15:07
Ada file depends on C file
Dear all, I have a question that I am afraid is awfully trivial, but I spent half a morning without finding any answer. My setup: I am working with GPS and I have an Ada procedure (say Interface_to_Addr in foo.adb) that needs to call a small C function (char *interface_to_ip (char*)) defined in interface_to_ip.c... 17 Sep 2009 13:35
GUI Application in ObjectAda
I'm trying to build an Ada application with a GUI using the ObjectAda command line interface in Windows XP. My command looks like this: adabuild -g $(Module) I get an executable which runs but in addition to the GUI window that I want I get a Windows Command Prompt window I don't want. How do I prevent the Comm... 26 Sep 2009 15:47
Ada OpenGL question
Hi all, I have found some OpenGL code there: http://adaopengl.sourceforge.net/downloads.php I manage to get it compiled on my linux box but when I run it, I have: raised SYSTEM.ASSERTIONS.ASSERT_FAILURE : Handlers for "expose_event" on a GtkGLArea should be functions So it looks I have problem with callb... 16 Sep 2009 08:25