From: Chris H on
In message <4b5c8778$0$23827$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com>, Peter
<peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> writes
>"Chris H" <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote in message news:ZwjAqxBFECXLFA$z@p
>haedsys.demon.co.uk...
>> In message <4b5b583c$1(a)news.x-privat.org>, rendition <ren(a)stimpy.org>
>> writes
>>>
>>>Interesting!
>>>
>>>(you already excluded Thatcher with the "he")
>>
>> She did have private medical treatment in the US
>

>I wonder why

Safer after what she did to the NHS :-))))

From: Peter on
> On 2010-01-24 09:34:26 -0800, "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> said:
>

>> Please don't use any factual or logical statements. too many of us here
>> would get a heart attack.
>
> At least that is treatable.

;-)

> ...er, if you have the appropriate medical insurance, or can make it to
> the emergency room in time. Remember those $1200-$5000 ambulance rides
> also add to the total cost. It is almost cheaper to get a limo ride to the
> hospital, or drive yourself.

Almost??

--
Peter

From: tony cooper on
On 24 Jan 2010 18:56:11 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:

>tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>>On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:31:43 +0000, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>In message <4b5b7a92$0$1677$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>, Ray Fischer
>>><rfischer(a)sonic.net> writes

>>>So the UK is a medical decision and the US is a commercial one.
>>
>>Is Ray Fischer someone you believe? Insurance companies do not make
>>decisions about whether or not a client has a knee replacement. Ever.
>
>LOL! I guess you've never heard of something called "prior approval".
>Maybe when you get to be an adult and actualy deal with insurance
>companies you'll learn how it really works.

After five decades of being covered by medical insurance, and a few
surgeries, I think I have a pretty good understanding.

>>They only have a say-so with procedures that are considered to be
>>elective.
>
>Duh! Knee surgery is elective.

If you want to look at it that way, all surgical procedures done to
you while you are awake are elective. You have to elect to accept any
surgery unless you are unconscious.

However, for insurance purposes, elective surgery is surgery that is
not required to maintain the patient's ability to function.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Ray Fischer on
tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>On 24 Jan 2010 18:56:11 GMT, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>
>>tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>>>Is Ray Fischer someone you believe? Insurance companies do not make
>>>decisions about whether or not a client has a knee replacement. Ever.
>>
>>LOL! I guess you've never heard of something called "prior approval".
>>Maybe when you get to be an adult and actualy deal with insurance
>>companies you'll learn how it really works.
>
>After five decades of being covered by medical insurance, and a few
>surgeries, I think I have a pretty good understanding.

Either you don't understand or your'e a liar.

>>>They only have a say-so with procedures that are considered to be
>>>elective.
>>
>>Duh! Knee surgery is elective.
>
>If you want to look at it that way,

elective: chosen by the patient rather than urgently necessary.

> all surgical procedures done to
>you while you are awake are elective.

Wrong again.

>However, for insurance purposes, elective surgery is surgery that is
>not required to maintain the patient's ability to function.

Says who? Your made-up definition does not agree with the standard
medical definition.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Poetic Justice on
On 1/24/2010 2:01 PM, Ray Fischer wrote:

> And health care in the US costs twice as much per person.

You need to shop for better health care prices, but emergency care is
what you need insurance for.