From: tony cooper on
On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 19:03:38 -0500, "Neil Harrington" <never(a)home.com>
wrote:

>> It is a pretty sorry state of affairs when the best hope the USA has is
>> a foreign president.
>
>It gets much worse than that. A foreign-born radical leftist president whose
>guiding light is black liberation theology and who continually lies,
>vacillates and breaks promises is what we've got.
>
>Being foreign in and of itself is not so bad. If we had Margaret Thatcher it
>would be all right.

I think you've just won the hearts of our British participants. (And,
for the benefit of our British participants, yes, Americans can do
irony.)

You have to give credit to Neil, though. He can manage to criticize
Obama for breaking promises when Neil supports a party who nominated a
person to run for Vice President who has never finished anything she
started. Which is probably a good thing for the country.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Neil Harrington on

"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 19:03:38 -0500, "Neil Harrington" <never(a)home.com>
> wrote:
>

>>> It is a pretty sorry state of affairs when the best hope the USA has is
>>> a foreign president.
>>
>>It gets much worse than that. A foreign-born radical leftist president
>>whose
>>guiding light is black liberation theology and who continually lies,
>>vacillates and breaks promises is what we've got.
>>
>>Being foreign in and of itself is not so bad. If we had Margaret Thatcher
>>it
>>would be all right.
>>
> I think you've just won the hearts of our British participants.

Not *these* British participants, I don't think. Thatcher was never a
heroine to the looney left.

> (And,
> for the benefit of our British participants, yes, Americans can do
> irony.)
>
> You have to give credit to Neil, though. He can manage to criticize
> Obama for breaking promises when Neil supports a party who nominated a
> person to run for Vice President who has never finished anything she
> started.

I think you ought to take a closer look at what Palin has accomplished. And
then compare that with what Obama has accomplished -- ZERO after nearly a
year as president, unless you count a string of broken promises as some sort
of accomplishment.

And that's comparing the Republican VICE presidential candidate with the top
of the Democrat ticket. Comparing actual opponents puts Palin up against
that flannelmouth Biden, whose utterances ought to win some sort of award
for advanced buffoonery (". . . happens to be a three-letter word, jobs!
J-O-B-S, jobs!"). And that's about as close as he ever came to getting
anything right.

From: Neil Harrington on

"Neil Harrington" <never(a)home.com> wrote in message

> And that's comparing the Republican VICE presidential candidate with the
> top of the Democrat ticket. Comparing actual opponents puts Palin up
> against that flannelmouth Biden, whose utterances ought to win some sort
> of award for advanced buffoonery (". . . happens to be a three-letter
> word, jobs! J-O-B-S, jobs!"). And that's about as close as he ever came to
> getting anything right.

Come to think of it, I guess that's not much worse than Obama claiming
during the campaign that he had "been to 57 states -- one left to go."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

From: tony cooper on
On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:46:00 -0500, "Neil Harrington" <never(a)home.com>
wrote:

>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>>It gets much worse than that. A foreign-born radical leftist president
>>>whose
>>>guiding light is black liberation theology and who continually lies,
>>>vacillates and breaks promises is what we've got.
>>>
>>>Being foreign in and of itself is not so bad. If we had Margaret Thatcher
>>>it
>>>would be all right.
>>>
>> I think you've just won the hearts of our British participants.
>
>Not *these* British participants, I don't think. Thatcher was never a
>heroine to the looney left.

OK, you've shown that you are one of the Americans who *doesn't* get
irony.

>I think you ought to take a closer look at what Palin has accomplished.

I'd have to look closely. Other than capitalizing on her 15 minutes
of fame and making tons of money with a book she didn't write...what?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Chris H on
In message <i7sth55ohqnu7lt2c97nrll4e75i9k41gk(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> writes
>On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 19:03:38 -0500, "Neil Harrington" <never(a)home.com>
>wrote:
>

>>> It is a pretty sorry state of affairs when the best hope the USA has is
>>> a foreign president.
>>
>>It gets much worse than that. A foreign-born radical leftist president whose
>>guiding light is black liberation theology and who continually lies,
>>vacillates and breaks promises is what we've got.
>>
>>Being foreign in and of itself is not so bad. If we had Margaret Thatcher it
>>would be all right.
>>
>I think you've just won the hearts of our British participants. (And,
>for the benefit of our British participants, yes, Americans can do
>irony.)

:-) Actually she spent a lot of time in the US after the UK threw here
out of office.

>You have to give credit to Neil, though. He can manage to criticize
>Obama for breaking promises when Neil supports a party who nominated a
>person to run for Vice President who has never finished anything she
>started. Which is probably a good thing for the country.

Well most of the world thought that MCain had Palin as a running mate so
he would loose, whilst appearing to fight to win, as GWB left an
impossible mess to clear up.