From: Neil Harrington on

"Chris Malcolm" <cam(a)holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote in message
> In rec.photo.digital Neil Harrington <never(a)home.com> wrote:
>> "Chris H" <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote in message
>>> In message <JI2dnULj2eBiO4PWnZ2dnUVZ_jGdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Neil
>>> Harrington <never(a)home.com> writes

>>> It is a pretty sorry state of affairs when the best hope the USA has is
>>> a foreign president.
>
>> It gets much worse than that. A foreign-born radical leftist president
>> whose
>> guiding light is black liberation theology and who continually lies,
>> vacillates and breaks promises is what we've got.
>
> What a truly dreadful state of affairs! Would it not be possible for
> you guys in the US to avoid this sort of monstrous imposition by
> having some kind of democracy in which you vote for the President?

That is exactly what we do, Chris. It doesn't solve the problem.

I believe it was Winston Churchill who said, "Democracy is the worst form of
government there is, except for all the others." That about sums it up.

From: Alan LeHun on
In article <nZFfAYBjwLILFATK(a)phaedsys.demon.co.uk>,
chris(a)phaedsys.org says...
> Yes.. The US re-elected Bush for a second term and as you have already
> pointed out the only thing Bush did was 2 SC Judges set against two
> pointless wars, destroying the USA's reputation abroad, loosing all it's
> friends and nearly bankrupting the country.

Oh, and persuading blair to do the lap-sitting stuff.

The UK have done no better electing their leaders. Blair was
re-elected twice.

--
Alan LeHun
From: Paul Heslop on
Alan LeHun wrote:

> In article <nZFfAYBjwLILFATK(a)phaedsys.demon.co.uk>,
> chris(a)phaedsys.org says...
> > Yes.. The US re-elected Bush for a second term and as you have already
> > pointed out the only thing Bush did was 2 SC Judges set against two
> > pointless wars, destroying the USA's reputation abroad, loosing all it's
> > friends and nearly bankrupting the country.
> >

> Oh, and persuading blair to do the lap-sitting stuff.
>
> The UK have done no better electing their leaders. Blair was
> re-elected twice.
>
> --
> Alan LeHun

well, we don't really elect leaders like that. we elect parties and he
was the party leader. when I say 'we' I mean the country, I never
voted for the slimy grinning git.

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
From: David J. Littleboy on

"Alan LeHun" <try(a)reply.to> wrote:
> In article <nZFfAYBjwLILFATK(a)phaedsys.demon.co.uk>,
> chris(a)phaedsys.org says...
>> Yes.. The US re-elected Bush for a second term and as you have already
>> pointed out the only thing Bush did was 2 SC Judges set against two
>> pointless wars, destroying the USA's reputation abroad, loosing all it's
>> friends and nearly bankrupting the country.
>>

> Oh, and persuading blair to do the lap-sitting stuff.

That was actually the most impressive thing the Bush administration did. A
priori, Blair looked to be a fairly smart guy, but he folded without saying
a word. Bush and friends must have had some wonderful dirt on him.

> The UK have done no better electing their leaders. Blair was
> re-elected twice.

Really. With the two largest economies being run by a top Harvard Law
graduate and a Stanford PhD, the Brits are looking badly underpowered.

--
David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

From: Bob Larter on
On 10/12/2009 1:04 PM, Chris Malcolm wrote:
> In rec.photo.digital Neil Harrington<never(a)home.com> wrote:
>> "Chris H"<chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote in message
>>> In message<JI2dnULj2eBiO4PWnZ2dnUVZ_jGdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Neil
>>> Harrington<never(a)home.com> writes

>>> It is a pretty sorry state of affairs when the best hope the USA has is
>>> a foreign president.
>
>> It gets much worse than that. A foreign-born radical leftist president whose
>> guiding light is black liberation theology and who continually lies,
>> vacillates and breaks promises is what we've got.
>
> What a truly dreadful state of affairs! Would it not be possible for
> you guys in the US to avoid this sort of monstrous imposition by
> having some kind of democracy in which you vote for the President?

LOL. Nicely put, Chris.