From: Chris H on
In message <EaCdne980vARtoLWnZ2dnUVZ_rydnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Neil
Harrington <never(a)home.com> writes

>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>>It gets much worse than that. A foreign-born radical leftist president
>>>whose
>>>guiding light is black liberation theology and who continually lies,
>>>vacillates and breaks promises is what we've got.
>>>
>>>Being foreign in and of itself is not so bad. If we had Margaret Thatcher
>>>it
>>>would be all right.
>>>
>> I think you've just won the hearts of our British participants.
>
>Not *these* British participants, I don't think. Thatcher was never a
>heroine to the looney left.

Actually I voted for her as I am a Tory... NEVER votes Labour. Nover
been left wing in my life.

>> (And,
>> for the benefit of our British participants, yes, Americans can do
>> irony.)
>>
>> You have to give credit to Neil, though. He can manage to criticize
>> Obama for breaking promises when Neil supports a party who nominated a
>> person to run for Vice President who has never finished anything she
>> started.
>
>I think you ought to take a closer look at what Palin has accomplished.

More laughs in the run up to the election than any stand-up comedian.
The only worry was some one might elect her.

From: Chris H on
In message <0rduh516fde8ia7droi3o9nlkabi0d2r2j(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> writes
>On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:46:00 -0500, "Neil Harrington" <never(a)home.com>
>wrote:
>

>>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>> I think you've just won the hearts of our British participants.
>>
>>Not *these* British participants, I don't think. Thatcher was never a
>>heroine to the looney left.
>
>OK, you've shown that you are one of the Americans who *doesn't* get
>irony.
>
>>I think you ought to take a closer look at what Palin has accomplished.
>
>I'd have to look closely. Other than capitalizing on her 15 minutes
>of fame and making tons of money with a book she didn't write...what?

I have always though that the US Republican party had an entrance
exam... if you scored well they did not let you in.

From: tony cooper on
On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:11:14 +0000, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote:

>In message <i7sth55ohqnu7lt2c97nrll4e75i9k41gk(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
><tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> writes

>>>It gets much worse than that. A foreign-born radical leftist president whose
>>>guiding light is black liberation theology and who continually lies,
>>>vacillates and breaks promises is what we've got.
>>>
>>>Being foreign in and of itself is not so bad. If we had Margaret Thatcher it
>>>would be all right.
>>>
>>I think you've just won the hearts of our British participants. (And,
>>for the benefit of our British participants, yes, Americans can do
>>irony.)
>
>:-) Actually she spent a lot of time in the US after the UK threw here
>out of office.
>
>>You have to give credit to Neil, though. He can manage to criticize
>>Obama for breaking promises when Neil supports a party who nominated a
>>person to run for Vice President who has never finished anything she
>>started. Which is probably a good thing for the country.
>
>Well most of the world thought that MCain had Palin as a running mate so
>he would loose, whilst appearing to fight to win, as GWB left an
>impossible mess to clear up.

If so, the "rest of the world" had little understanding of US
politics. I can't believe the "rest of the world" was this naive.

Palin was added to the ticket as a way of appealing to the religious
right and to undercut Hillary Clinton's appeal to women voters.

Palin is an excellent speaker who capable of firing up audiences.
She's attractive and personable. There's no doubt that she did add to
McCain's vote. Just not enough.

She's also totally unqualified for national office and was horribly
uninformed about world affairs. She's an egomaniac who publicly
fought with the Republican handlers and caused a great deal of dissent
within the campaign structure.

When are you going to stop calling *your* opinion "the rest of the
world's" opinion? About the same time you learn the difference
between "lose" and "loose"?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Chris H on
In message <87fvh5lne125qjgfm15hd885kpi82puva4(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> writes
>On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:11:14 +0000, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote:
>
>>In message <i7sth55ohqnu7lt2c97nrll4e75i9k41gk(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
>><tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> writes

>>>I think you've just won the hearts of our British participants. (And,
>>>for the benefit of our British participants, yes, Americans can do
>>>irony.)
>>
>>:-) Actually she spent a lot of time in the US after the UK threw here
>>out of office.
>>
>>>You have to give credit to Neil, though. He can manage to criticize
>>>Obama for breaking promises when Neil supports a party who nominated a
>>>person to run for Vice President who has never finished anything she
>>>started. Which is probably a good thing for the country.
>>
>>Well most of the world thought that MCain had Palin as a running mate so
>>he would loose, whilst appearing to fight to win, as GWB left an
>>impossible mess to clear up.
>
>If so, the "rest of the world" had little understanding of US
>politics. I can't believe the "rest of the world" was this naive.

It was a serious though when Palin opened her mouth

>Palin was added to the ticket as a way of appealing to the religious
>right and to undercut Hillary Clinton's appeal to women voters.

Fair enough. Though Hillary is smart, Intelligent, understands politics
and is ruthless. I am not sure Palin is any of those.

>Palin is an excellent speaker who capable of firing up audiences.

No and yes.... they showed some of here stuff here. Firing up a US
Republican audience yes.. But "excellent speaker" not really...

>She's attractive and personable.

Yes, Agreed.

> There's no doubt that she did add to
>McCain's vote. Just not enough.

OK..

>She's also totally unqualified for national office and was horribly
>uninformed about world affairs.

Absolutely... She is probably just what you need at town/city/state
level but that is it.

> She's an egomaniac who publicly
>fought with the Republican handlers and caused a great deal of dissent
>within the campaign structure.

So rumour had it. However in a US presidential election it is difficult
to tell fact from rumour from complete fiction.

>When are you going to stop calling *your* opinion "the rest of the
>world's" opinion?

Why? IT is generally accurate. When do you last leave the US to see what
the rest of the world looked like?

> About the same time you learn the difference
>between "lose" and "loose"?

Not going to happen. I am not a good typist and dyslexic.

From: Allen on
Chris H wrote:
> In message <EaCdne980vARtoLWnZ2dnUVZ_rydnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Neil
> Harrington <never(a)home.com> writes
>> "tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>> I think you've just won the hearts of our British participants.
>> Not *these* British participants, I don't think. Thatcher was never a
>> heroine to the looney left.
>
> Actually I voted for her as I am a Tory... NEVER votes Labour. Nover
> been left wing in my life.
>

>>> (And,
>>> for the benefit of our British participants, yes, Americans can do
>>> irony.)
>>>
>>> You have to give credit to Neil, though. He can manage to criticize
>>> Obama for breaking promises when Neil supports a party who nominated a
>>> person to run for Vice President who has never finished anything she
>>> started.
>> I think you ought to take a closer look at what Palin has accomplished.
>
> More laughs in the run up to the election than any stand-up comedian.
> The only worry was some one might elect her.

Alaska did, and she quit. McCain and Palin--idiots all. He proved he had
no sense whatever when he picked her. Considering that he left his wife
when she became crippled, is there any doubt why he chose her?
Allen